7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

What's the latest on Mazara?

Maeda somehow throwing 94 MPH heat.   Twins' with yet another smart FA pitching move there.    That front office really picked it up after about a five year lull.  Odorizzi was a solid move, and Nelson Cruz one of the best signings in recent memory.    Rich Hill will undoubtedly replicate Kenny Rogers' 2003 season.

(Dodgers in a bit of trouble now with Kershaw out, two starters lost to FA, Price opting out, etc.)

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

What's the latest on Mazara?

Maeda somehow throwing 94 MPH heat.   Twins' with yet another smart FA pitching move there.    That front office really picked it up after about a five year lull.   Odorizzi was a solid move, and Nelson Cruz one of the best signings in recent memory.    Rich Hill will undoubtedly replicate Kenny Rogers' 2003 season.

Mazara is supposed to be back soon per rumors.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We only got a #1, #5 starter with upside, and a future MLB pitcher for Adam Eaton. Maybe Sox fans thought we traded Christian Yelich?

Somebody should talk Reylo into running into more walls. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

What happened with Eloy?

Ran hard into the wall on a grand slam in the first inning. Tried to field a ball in the 2nd inning, trainers came out, was noticeably rubbing his eyes as though he was dizzy.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Its amazing how quickly this lineup went from great to below average with Mazara, Moncada, and Jimenez all out

I mean thats 1/3 of a lineup, with arguably our top 2 offensive players.  No team can withstand losing that much.

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Do we actually think Lopez is injured? Because people on Twitter said he might have just been faking it.

I didn't see a single pitch above 93.  I think he's hurt.  Along with being his usual suck. 

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Hahahaha

If Moncada has COVID and Eloy has a concussion. Explain to me how we can POSSIBLY stick in this thing. Given how short the season is. Given that our rotation 3-5 is a joke?  

I'll wait. I will sit and wait. While I prepare to laugh. 

This is one of the primary benefits of no fans allowed.

We don't have the obligatory, "glad I didn't go to THAT game" or "the White Sox should refund all the ticket buyers' money" (Greg775 refrain).

And Byron Buxton could be back Tuesday, Astudillo and Odorizzi coming back soon too, as well.   We're missing two of their top ten players this series.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

If Moncada has COVID and Eloy has a concussion. Explain to me how we can POSSIBLY stick in this thing. Given how short the season is. Given that our rotation 3-5 is a joke?  

I'll wait. I will sit and wait. While I prepare to laugh. 

Yoan already was sick. Why are you saying he has it now?