8.15.20 GT | Cards @ Sox game 2 | 3:15PM

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Eloy has always projected to be a high average hitter and he did so in the minors.

And that's fine, but *imo* I don't expect him to do so in the majors. I'm not expecting .240 but certainly not .285+ or anything

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

Ozzie

So he can quit again? Fuck outta here

• Thanks 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

And that's fine, but *imo* I don't expect him to do so in the majors. I'm not expecting .240 but certainly not .285+ or anything

So he can quit again? Fuck outta here

If Eloy can’t be a .285 hitter, then shame on the Sox development 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sad thing is Cishek should have been the one to face Goldy, but he’s been such a disaster he can’t be relied upon. 

And we wouldn't have had to acquire Cishek had Herrera not been a total disaster...at this point, Burdi needs to start getting more of these opportunities, or Heuer, or SOMEONE/ANYONE.

Well, at least if those two baserunners on right now score, this game is over and can be put out of its misery...meanwhile, the Cubs are waiting just to stomp all over a "down on themselves" White Sox team that can't get out of its own way playing at home for some odd reason.  

2-8?

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I appreciate this. The last 2 times he has been used Ricky has wasted Detwiler in games that didn’t matter at that point. 

I just don’t get it. Was afraid to use him in those Brewers games because he was too valuable, and now he won’t use him in high leverage spots.

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

A change in coaching could be all this team needs. Ricky keeps putting people out there that shouldn’t be playing in situations. Lineup and the bullpen management has been terrible 

Does Cooper go too? What about the lack of quality depth they have?

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Not sure  he's even going to do that. Maybe .245-.265 with 35+ bombs and a few walks here and there. 

Can we calm down on pigeon holing Eloy based on like a week sample size? Sheesh. 

What are the odds of getting swept the first two doubleheaders of a big league season in the span of less than a month to open a year?

Probably something like 10-15%, at most?

Damage has been done, but it's still theoretically a game if the offense hasn't given up just yet.