AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I hear ya.  I know you were having fun with it. I haven't been around here long.  Being a single dad that works a lot.  i love coming here, it's my nice get away.  Also helps the sox are winning. 

Cheers brother. It's always great consuming more White Sox content here, especially when they're winning. 

19 minutes ago, soulfly said:

That something different is having talent on the team finally.

Yeah, I know it feels "special" when you wait for a long time and finally reach daylight with a team. Begin to win after a long drought. The energy and optimism is palpable. 

But really... it ain't supernatural. Two years ago today we had Matt Davidson and Daniel Palka hitting in the middle of our lineup. When you think about that relative to what we have now? Yeah, we're going to come up with runs in some spots where we didn't used to. lol

That being said - I didn't have a great feeling about tonight. Falling down 4-0 on 3 2nd inning errors didn't help. I was skeptical that we would pull it out all the way up until the 9th. Impressive. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, soulfly said:

That something different is having talent on the team finally.

The idea of having a lineup like this for a few years is just amazing:

Timmy, Yoan, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn and Madrigal batting 9th.  This is one of those golden situations where it looks like all the guys you wanted to be the core players have the chance to play to their prospect ranking.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

The idea of having a lineup like this for a few years is just amazing:

Timmy, Yoan, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn and Madrigal batting 9th.  This is one of those golden situations where it looks like all the guys you wanted to be the core players have the chance to play to their prospect ranking.

I remember doing an exercise in 2015 looking ahead to 2018. The reason was because we had just pushed our chips in with 2-3 year deals with the expectation that our "renewed" focus on scouting would lead to a next wave to take over once those contracts expired.

It became clear how marginal all of the prospects were, and basically only Jose and TA stuck just 3 years later.

Now...anyone that did a "2020 lineup" in 2018 would pretty much have nailed it, and the wildcards (Rutherford, Adolfo, Basabe, lgon, etc) none panned out, same with our 5th starter candidates, but I'll take the success of the the top level guys nailing it THIS well.

11 hours ago, Tony said:

Enough of the doubting. Team is for real. Got some holes, but enough talent to make this thing interesting. 

I'm glad you brought up doubting. Although I heavily advocated making a trade I am fine that nothing happened

I did however notice a trend in trade discussions. The word " scared " came up quite a bit and also many seemed to think that our true contention years lied ahead.

This is baseball. Once in the playoffs anything can happen. Start believing in this team. Just because the Cubs and Astros had teams that didnt win in their 1st playoff years doesnt mean that's how it works. Anything is possible.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I remember doing an exercise in 2015 looking ahead to 2018. The reason was because we had just pushed our chips in with 2-3 year deals with the expectation that our "renewed" focus on scouting would lead to a next wave to take over once those contracts expired.

It became clear how marginal all of the prospects were, and basically only Jose and TA stuck just 3 years later.

Now...anyone that did a "2020 lineup" in 2018 would pretty much have nailed it, and the wildcards (Rutherford, Adolfo, Basabe, lgon, etc) none panned out, same with our 5th starter candidates, but I'll take the success of the the top level guys nailing it THIS well.

Agreed, there is still time for someone to step up in Adolfo, Rutherford or Gonzalez but that light is dimming. 

20 minutes ago, beautox said:

Agreed, there is still time for someone to step up in Adolfo, Rutherford or Gonzalez but that light is dimming. 

Micker isn't much older than Luis Robert.   Blake Rutherford is in between the two in age.  They are all 3 23 years old.  Gonzalez is about to hit 25.

There is still some time for them.