Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

11 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I like the idea of spreading out the buyout.  RH might have to get creative again and I believe he can get Cruz signed. As far as Vaughn, he is quickly becoming an older prospect (25 yrs old I think?)  I know they have been working him at multiple positions. Corner outfield, 3rd base, etc. I do like that.

Hes 22.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I like the idea of spreading out the buyout.  RH might have to get creative again and I believe he can get Cruz signed. As far as Vaughn, he is quickly becoming an older prospect (25 yrs old I think?)  I know they have been working him at multiple positions. Corner outfield, 3rd base, etc. I do like that.

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

One year deal with big buyout paid over a decade or so makes sense.  My big question is if you give Cruz two years, what do you do with Vaughn?

I would offer him more than anyone else for a 1-year deal with an option.  He needs to bet on himself having a productive year at this point in time.  

18 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

It's not that I 'wish' it so... it's what it is. 

I'd much rather have Eloy play LF and have faith in it. 

Defensively, he's awful. I don't even really care about that. I care about keeping him healthy. 

I find it very surprising that so many are willing (and seemingly happy) to trot Eloy out in LF the way he injures himself out there. 

I think that most of us (at least speaking for myself here) are trying to deal in reality.  The Sox have made no mention of looking at Eloy like he is a DH at this point, quite the opposite actually.  So while it may be the role for which he is best suited, it isn't in his immediate future.  Especially with Abreu under contract and Vaughn coming up.  That combination will probably be the primary DH in the not too distant future.  

No one wants to see Eloy get hurt bumbling after a ball in LF, but that's where he is going to be. 

18 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I think that most of us (at least speaking for myself here) are trying to deal in reality.  The Sox have made no mention of looking at Eloy like he is a DH at this point, quite the opposite actually.  So while it may be the role for which he is best suited, it isn't in his immediate future.  Especially with Abreu under contract and Vaughn coming up.  That combination will probably be the primary DH in the not too distant future.  

No one wants to see Eloy get hurt bumbling after a ball in LF, but that's where he is going to be. 

Esp when it's not like any of us make the lineup cards.....

For years before the DH teams buried lousy defensive players in left field.  Many were lucky not to catch the ball with their heads (I know...some did).  By comparison to some of those guys...Eloy is a gazelle.  He catches the routine stuff and on occasion makes a nice play.  He doesn't bother me a bit.  Just the price we pay for the elite bat.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

For years before the DH teams buried lousy defensive players in left field.  Many were lucky not to catch the ball with their heads (I know...some did).  By comparison to some of those guys...Eloy is a gazelle.  He catches the routine stuff and on occasion makes a nice play.  He doesn't bother me a bit.  Just the price we pay for the elite bat.

Until he gets hurt again by being an idiot out there 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

He just needs to stop hurting himself. Know where the wall is. Stop jumping into the net. Throw to the right place. If he does that, we can put up with the lack of range. 

6 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He’s not wrong about their being an offer. I’m not sure what good news for White Sox fans means though because I’d be surprised if Cruz ended up here. 

Seems like Hector doesn't understand how negotiations work and sees an exchange of numbers and runs with it as a signing being imminent.

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min