5/26 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

Just now, Greydawgfan1 said:

You realize the yermin hate is 100 percent stats based. While you defend him because Tony was mean 

lol, no.  When the cult is running around talking about his gold chains and dredging up old articles about his lack of hustle, it is anything but his stats.  If it was only about stats, Mercedes wouldn't be the guy you are after all of the time.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Best way to put it is if they get Eloy and Robert back, they can be WS contenders.  This version without them is going to have to fight hard to win this division.

Lets be clear - with Robert and Eloy 100% - this team is the AL favorite...not just a WS contender (this assumes the rotation holds up).  Without them - they are still the best team in the AL Central and one of the best teams in baseball.  This team is really good as constructed, but obviously can't afford more injuries after what they've had...and while there is probably some reversion to the mean in the rotation, I also suspect we'll see some in the pen (work in our favor) as well.  

This team is really good. I've consistently said it all year and I'll likely be saying it for years.  People need to enjoy it. Yes this game was frustrating - they didn't get the big hits...but it happens. 162 game season, talent wins, and this team has special talent. Sit back and enjoy it.  

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

lol, no.  When the cult is running around talking about his gold chains and dredging up old articles about his lack of hustle, it is anything but his stats.  If it was only about stats, Mercedes wouldn't be the guy you are after all of the time.

I’m after him because he has dropped of significantly and his stats are only so high because he had a good 3 weeks. From the last week of April till now he has been well below average .

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The dude hit .500 and you are bagging on him that his stats dropped.  You are bagging on a career 28 year old minor leaguer for having the league adjust to him, and only after the manager took a public dump on him.  Can we talk about how he has hit since Tony backed up the bus over him?  Ever stop and think about that connection? Oh right, Tony only gets credit for the good.

He hit .500 for a month lol.  Give it up.  He’s crashing hard back to earth.  You want a statue of him in right field?

Just now, Greydawgfan1 said:

I’m after him because he has dropped of significantly and his stats are only so high because he had a good 3 weeks. From the last week of April till now he has been well below average .

Who do you think could produce better results? Jake Lamb if you squint hard enough. What’s the point?

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Lets be clear - with Robert and Eloy 100% - this team is the AL favorite...not just a WS contender (this assumes the rotation holds up).  Without them - they are still the best team in the AL Central and one of the best teams in baseball.  This team is really good as constructed, but obviously can't afford more injuries after what they've had...and while there is probably some reversion to the mean in the rotation, I also suspect we'll see some in the pen (work in our favor) as well.  

This team is really good. I've consistently said it all year and I'll likely be saying it for years.  People need to enjoy it. Yes this game was frustrating - they didn't get the big hits...but it happens. 162 game season, talent wins, and this team has special talent. Sit back and enjoy it.  

I don’t see enough offense for this team to be a top 5 team in the majors.  We’re going on two weeks now of offensive struggles galore

6 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

You realize his stats dropped hard well before that happed. He hasn’t adjusted at all. Expanded his zone and isn’t driving in runs and is only hitting singles when he does hit. 

Since the Tony incident he is at .240/.310/.240/.550. The week before that he was .333/.419/.481/.901

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

And you can say that about other teams too. The Yankees and Astros have had injuries. The Rays had some issues. The Twins and As have had big injuries. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Since the Tony incident he is at .240/.310/.240/.550. The week before that he was .333/.419/.481/.901

Stop using stupid facts and stats. Just go by whatever rules exist in Delusional Land.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like you will be here.

I've been here just as long as you, Yermin hasn't had competitive ABs in a month.  Can he bounce back and adjust to the adjustments made against him? Possibly, his track record doesn't suggest it is likely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1