6/3 | White Sox (33-22) vs Tigers (23-32) | 7:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

Caulfield stop trying to make burger happen.  It's not happening.  Let the kid have ONE full injury free season before you decide you are going to try and be first on the call him up every time someone gets hurt 

6 hours ago, hogan873 said:

I just want to see more of Lynn calling hitters names and generally being the ass that he is.  He needs to be extended.

Lynn definitely needs to be extended. He is not even close to be washed up at 34. Plus we gave up Dane Dunning to get Lynn. I know Dunning has been inconsistent this year for Texas, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time of the trade, Dunning was a hot pitching prospect and that's why Texas gave us Lynn. It's a dangerous move in giving up future good prospects for rental players, unless you plan on making a major effort in resigning them. 

Most importantly Hahn needs to resign Lynn because going forward next year, there are still question marks in our rotation with Cease, Rondon and Keuchel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Lynn definitely needs to be extended. He is not even close to be washed up at 34. Plus we gave up Dane Dunning to get Lynn. I know Dunning has been inconsistent this year for Texas, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time of the trade, Dunning was a hot pitching prospect Shane Bieber and that's why Texas gave us Lynn. It's a dangerous move in giving up future good prospects for rental players, unless you plan on making a major effort in resigning them. 

Most importantly Hahn needs to resign Lynn because going forward next year, there are still question marks in our rotation with Cease, Rondon and Keuchel. 

FTFY

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Vaughn on COVID protocols?  Weird.  Have to think he was vaccinated if any of that Berkeley education sunk in...Disappointing.  Hope he has a quick and full recovery.

You can be placed on the protocol for having any flu-like symptoms like Cease and a couple other guys this year 

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Garcia hasn't been playing enough, must get him in

White Sox Games Played Leaders (OPS +):

• 53 Yoan Moncada (146)
  • 51 Jose Abreu (135) & Yermin Mercedes (133)
  • 49 Nick Madrigal (106)
  • 45 Leury Garcia (66) dWAR -0.1; bWAR 0.0; fWAR -0.1

1 minute ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

You can be placed on the protocol for having any flu-like symptoms like Cease and a couple other guys this year 

Hope that's all it is.  Specifying "asymptomatic," though, suggested to me that it may be a positive test.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder if the Sox permanently did away with the Picnic Area. It is now covered with padding, and they make no mention of it in the group literature they send out.

I guess we will see once the state gets back to Stage 5.

5 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

We need as many lefty hitters in the lineup despite the statistics showing Leury is a terrible left handed hitter!

This is really frustrating to me as well. But there also isn't a great reason to play him vs lefties at this point.

8 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Vaughn on COVID protocols?  Weird.  Have to think he was vaccinated if any of that Berkeley education sunk in...Disappointing.  Hope he has a quick and full recovery.

If his Berkeley education sunk in, maybe it led him to actually reading the EUA

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You can still have a breakthrough case after the vaccine.  It is not 100%.  Even if you one of the 6% who can still get it, the symptoms are supposed to be very muted compared to a vaccine-less person.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You can still have a breakthrough case after the vaccine.  It is not 100%.  Even if you one of the 6% who can still get it, the symptoms are supposed to be very muted compared to a vaccine-less person.

Yes, that's pretty well-established.  His being one of the 6% would nonetheless qualify as "weird."

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

He could have just been around someone who has it.

And this is what has been reported.

No need to make unnecessary inferences about a 23-year-old kid. I am sure he'll be back soon.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is really frustrating to me as well. But there also isn't a great reason to play him vs lefties at this point.

Then sit him and be a bench player/relief when needed. We just had a game off yesterday, no reason to sit Madrigal. 

10 minutes ago, pcq said:

Sox Machine posted YM HR pitch speeds. He does not hit the cheese.

87.6 86.4 92.2 84.5 84.9 47.1

Sox machine is straight garbage, a fart that exists to smell itself as it wafts in the stale Jim Margalus air.  Nobody consistently hits fastballs above 94 mph hard.  That's why velocity is king.  Yoan Moncada doesn't make an out 42% of the time.  If we had a team full of Yoan's we'd score 8 runs a game on average.

Ah, I see this is about Yermin?  Same thing applies really.  Fuck Sox Machine I can't stand those guys, a bunch of haters. edit: lol, Yermin is +7.4 runs this year on fastballs.  That's excellent.  That is classic Jim right there.  Notices something completely out of context and runs with it like he's writing the next Moneyball script. He couldn't even be bothered to go to FG and check Yermin's run values.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox machine is straight garbage.  Nobody consistently hits fastballs above 94 mph hard.  That's why velocity is king.  Yoan Moncada doesn't make an out 42% of the time.  If we had a team full of Yoan's we'd score 8 runs a game on average.

I suppose you have to look for fastball counts and cheat a little. He is not making as much contact lately.