Top 10 Prospects (Trade Value)

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's been playing at High A for a few days now.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

He's been playing in W-S since Saturday. Finally had a game yesterday

Appreciate it fellas.  Some good news! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Who do you mean by platoon OF bat? For a platoon bat, Dalquist is too much IMO. The package you listed gets more than a 1-year rental. 

I would consider Schwarber a platoon bat but that's a top of the line platoon bat 17 of 18 HR's against RHP. High OBP against LHP but that can be useful  if Moncada and Grandal also take their walks but then the Sox still need someone to get the big hit. Escobar has good stats against LHP so him behind the walk machines would help. He also has 11 HR's against RHP so that would also help.

Get them both and the offense looks golden.  Might be difficult to pry Schwarber away from the Nats ,however or to have enough prospect capital both both  and also relief help.

Eloy also hits RHP better but his career splits are almost equal  except for accumulated stats which are always higher against RHP because you face them more.

Robert hits LHP better but splits are not terrible against RHP either much like Escobar since he still hits HR's against them at a good clip.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Who do you mean by platoon OF bat? For a platoon bat, Dalquist is too much IMO. The package you listed gets more than a 1-year rental. 

I did say LH hitter + a useful pen arm, so perhaps platoon wasn’t the best word. Or maybe I’m underrating Dalquist. But I do think we have a pretty realistic shot VS anyone in the AL in a 7 game series (if healthy) so I do want to see some aggression by the FO in adding talent. Obviously there needs to be a reasonable middle ground between trading away what little prospects we have and trying to win a WS. 

David Peralta is a guy I’d try to target to target 

5 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I did say LH hitter + a useful pen arm, so perhaps platoon wasn’t the best word. Or maybe I’m underrating Dalquist. But I do think we have a pretty realistic shot VS anyone in the AL in a 7 game series (if healthy) so I do want to see some aggression by the FO in adding talent. Obviously there needs to be a reasonable middle ground between trading away what little prospects we have and trying to win a WS. 

Not sure you can roster Peralta and Lamb on the same team. Peralta's better at D but they're otherwise very similar players at this point. 

29 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Peralta doesn't move the needle nearly enough. Sox need power and he doesn't have any power and he has another year left on his contract. Sox at this point are in equal need of another productive player who can hit both LHP and RHP . Ideally that would be Starling Marte who is a free agent next year or Eduardo Escobar.

Marte might be cost prohibitive. Escobar probably easier to obtain  since his salary is less but also provides power from both sides of the plate.

I already mentioned Schwarber above, another free agent net year but with an option who the Nats might not feel like trading with that mutual option.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Have to trade something for something…our prospects are pretty much trash and we obviously need help. If Dalquist is too much for you then I guess you’re just standing pat? 

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.  I absolutely don't want to stand pat and would trade Dalquist. Just not for a horrible value trade. The package you describe would get you a lot more than a platoon batter.

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Not sure you can roster Peralta and Lamb on the same team. Peralta's better at D but they're otherwise very similar players at this point. 

Peralta has 4 HR's in 272 PA

Lamb has 5 HR's in 95 PA's . So I would suspect he'd be among the team leaders on the Sox had he got the same amount of AB's. Of course that's impossible given he wasn't brought here to be a starting OF but he's only played 3 games at DH and I would expect that to increase more against RHP  and frankly that it hasn't already is a mystery .

Not exactly a mystery since LaRussa has played Mercedes far too much during his slump which has reached epic proportions.

Had to laugh at the exchange regarding Nick Madrigal's "floor" in the Keith Law article I posted praising the White Sox prospect list.

Wonder if someone drops the two AAs on this site. :D

AARON S.
Feb 13
2 likes
like-icon.png

reply-icon.png

Keith failed to mention that Nick Madrigal has the highest floor of any White Sox prospect and among the best of any in all of MLB. High average/contact bat with plus speed and defense at 2B. Madrigal is a "soft" regular who will be a perennial contender for the AL Batting Title and a Gold Glove at 2B. His floor is that of HOF 2B Nellie Fox with more pop along with the added potential of 30+ SB's. Madrigal is the prototypical traditional #2 hitter who just might return that profile to a game that has become far too reliant on exit velocity and launch angle resulting in a boring contests of SO's, HR's and shifts.

Law-Keith-Headshot-123019-1-2.jpg
Keith Law
STAFF
Feb 13
13 likes

@AARON S. "His floor is that of HOF 2B Nellie Fox"

I am laughing so hard at this rn. Putting a player's floor on a HoF level is some MC Escher-level stuff.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Peralta doesn't move the needle nearly enough. Sox need power and he doesn't have any power and he has another year left on his contract. Sox at this point are in equal need of another productive player who can hit both LHP and RHP . Ideally that would be Starling Marte who is a free agent next year or Eduardo Escobar.

Marte might be cost prohibitive. Escobar probably easier to obtain  since his salary is less but also provides power from both sides of the plate.

I already mentioned Schwarber above, another free agent net year but with an option who the Nats might not feel like trading with that mutual option.

Why not try to swing a deal for both Escobar and Peralta? 

It shouldn't be that expensive. 

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Had to laugh at the exchange regarding Nick Madrigal's "floor" in the Keith Law article I posted praising the White Sox prospect list.

Wonder if someone drops the two AAs on this site. :D

AARON S.
Feb 13
2 likes
like-icon.png

reply-icon.png

Keith failed to mention that Nick Madrigal has the highest floor of any White Sox prospect and among the best of any in all of MLB. High average/contact bat with plus speed and defense at 2B. Madrigal is a "soft" regular who will be a perennial contender for the AL Batting Title and a Gold Glove at 2B. His floor is that of HOF 2B Nellie Fox with more pop along with the added potential of 30+ SB's. Madrigal is the prototypical traditional #2 hitter who just might return that profile to a game that has become far too reliant on exit velocity and launch angle resulting in a boring contests of SO's, HR's and shifts.

Law-Keith-Headshot-123019-1-2.jpg
Keith Law
STAFF
Feb 13
13 likes

@AARON S. "His floor is that of HOF 2B Nellie Fox"

I am laughing so hard at this rn. Putting a player's floor on a HoF level is some MC Escher-level stuff.

Looks like you found Poppysox' twitter handle

• Haha 1

I realllyyy want Starlin Marte.

Problem is... the Marlins don't really have a reason to rush into a trade whereas the White Sox need a trade ASAP. So we'd have to blow the Marlins away with an offer (relatively speaking of course). 

Guys like Eduardo Escobar should be available at any time IMO. The league see's there holes and while there are going to be suitors, I don't think there's any difference whether they sell now or later and in fact, there's less risk if they sell when they can. 

On 6/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, ron883 said:

Cespedes won't be an option soon or this year at all. From what I've heard, he isn't that far along, and he's been overrated by some based on his name. 

He hit his first bomb yesterday. The jury is still out on him and will be for some time. That said, I think it's extremely unlikely he makes an impact in the MLB in 2022 let alone 2021.