Sox at Twins 8/9, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

Just now, chw42 said:

The last time Burrows threw against us, he barfed on the mound. We also miss Maeda and Pineda this series. Let's get a series win before the real tough stretch starts. 

Yep. Sit Moncada and Abreu a game each this series. Anderson too since he seems due.

22 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Yep. Sit Moncada and Abreu a game each this series. Anderson too since he seems due.

I would think TA will be out today since he was supposed to sit last night.  But that was his best game in a while so maybe they don't want to sit him now.  

I will be in attendance tonight and tomorrow.  Let's get some dubs! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I would think TA will be out today since he was supposed to sit last night.  But that was his best game in a while so maybe they don't want to sit him now.  

I will be in attendance tonight and tomorrow.  Let's get some dubs! 

I wouldn't doubt if Wednesday ends up being a "Sunday lineup" with the Field of Dreams game on Thursday and an off day Friday

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why is Vaughn not in? This will be the 2nd game out of three he has been on the bench. Has been our best hitter for a month+ now and he is sitting.

Can't sit Garcia two days in a row

Last 30 days OPS vs RHP:

Vaughn .946

Engel .821

Garcia .476

Being left-handed does NOT make Leury Garcia a better option than Vaughn or Engel vs RHP

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Leury must have some dirt on Tony, because this is absolutely ridiculous

Tony’s obstinacy is one of the reasons why Hawk rightfully fired Tony in the first place.

Sadly, Tony is untouchable by Kenny or Hahn, and Jerry never will fire him for what he does as manager.

• Like 2

Guys - the sox have 10.5 game lead and I have a feeling we're going to get our A+ lineup pretty rarely the next 7 weeks.  Stars are going to sit, probably frequntly.

I too want Vaughn in the line-up, but you're gonna get awfully worn out from all the hand-wringing if you can't come to grips with the fact TLR is going to rest guys regularly down the stretch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys - the sox have 10.5 game lead and I have a feeling we're going to get our A+ lineup pretty rarely the next 7 weeks.  Stars are going to sit, probably frequntly.

I too want Vaughn in the line-up, but you're gonna get awfully worn out from all the hand-wringing if you can't come to grips with the fact TLR is going to rest guys regularly down the stretch. 

Rest? he is a rookie that needs to learn still, and a new position at that 

What you supporters gonna say when Leury starts every playoff game

Edited by Moncada