8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm sure I will get blasted for this but I would absolutely be willing to trade him this offseason.  Contract is about to get huge.

I don't think its the wrong thought at all. This seems more the norm, than the exception from him.

And...that may be that. That happens when you are 0-8 with RISP as a team, and 8 LOB.

Just now, fathom said:

I'm sure I will get blasted for this but I would absolutely be willing to trade him this offseason.  Contract is about to get huge.

Which is why he wasn't valued inside the Top 30 or 50 or whatever at FG for trade purposes.

Then you're going to turn the position over to Burger?

Hard to imagine any rebuilding teams interested in a contract like that...so his market is fairly limited unless he closes out as an 800+ OPS hitter with more power the final 6+ weeks.

Just now, fathom said:

because they took a career closer (who was adamant a few years ago about staying a closer) and are trying to make him a set-up man.  

I understand them not using Liam against the middle of the Yankees order right after that disaster at the FoD game though. They need to try Kimbrel in the closer's role, maybe just not tonight. 

Just now, 2Deep said:

Is there a reason we don't pitch Judge inside......why let him extend his arms......I dont get it

Cause he's good at hitting those too. Judge is just a really good hitter, but clearly not as good as we're making him look.