Sox open 2022 at 12:1

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

It's strange to me that the White Sox have better odds than Boston, Tampa Bay, Milwaukee, Toronto and San Francisco.

I think we have better odds than them because they play in more competitive divisions for the most part. There is no guarantee those teams will won their divisions. 

33 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

It's strange to me that the White Sox have better odds than Boston, Tampa Bay, Milwaukee, Toronto and San Francisco.

Why?  We have far better division odds than all of them.  We had a better record than Boston and Toronto this past season and beat them both head-to-head (tied Tampa, lost to Milwaukee, didn't play SF).  We also have a more talented roster than most if not all of those teams.  Pick your head up out of Soxtalk and, like it or not, the national take on the White Sox is "loaded young team, just won division, on the upswing."  

42 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Its not strange at all.  The Sox have one of the best rosters in the game, and will for some time. 

54 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I'd be suprised if we didn't have better odds than those teams.  Apart from coaching, which offense out of all of them would you rather have?  Which pitching staff would you rather have?

The answer to both of those (at least for me) is the White Sox.

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd be suprised if we didn't have better odds than those teams.  Apart from coaching, which offense out of all of them would you rather have?  Which pitching staff would you rather have?

The answer to both of those (at least for me) is the White Sox.

I'd easily rather have the Jays offense over ours, even if they lose Semien. Brewers have the best top 3 in all of baseball for starting pitching. Most of those teams don't have the balance the Sox have though. 

14 hours ago, chw42 said:

I'd easily rather have the Jays offense over ours, even if they lose Semien. Brewers have the best top 3 in all of baseball for starting pitching. Most of those teams don't have the balance the Sox have though. 

You'd rather have the Blue Jays lineup ()without Semien) than ours?! They have 4-5 weak spots.  We'd have 2-3.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You'd rather have the Blue Jays lineup ()without Semien) than ours?! They have 4-5 weak spots.  We'd have 2-3.

Yup. Springer was out for a lot of last year. If he stays healthy that lineup is probably just as good as it was last season. We may have less weak spots but we don't have the type of impact bat that Vlad Jr. is. Don't get me wrong, Robert might get somewhere close to that one day, but he's not there yet.

27 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup. Springer was out for a lot of last year. If he stays healthy that lineup is probably just as good as it was last season. We may have less weak spots but we don't have the type of impact bat that Vlad Jr. is. Don't get me wrong, Robert might get somewhere close to that one day, but he's not there yet.

Rumor is they’re going to spend a ton this offseason again 

51 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Robert, Eloy and Grandal all missed significant time as well (just as springer did)