Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He mentioned Diekman yesterday

I just thought of that. After his down-year last season, he could be a buy-low guy. Plus, we all know how much the Sox like guys with power sinkers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

lmao are the Sox trying to use openers now or something? Cause holy crap, the bullpen is loaded as-is. 

Assuming Kimbrel is traded you still have Ruiz and Burr there, so one more upgrade would be nice, especially if it's a lefty so Crochet can be a long guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Assuming Kimbrel is traded you still have Ruiz and Burr there, so one more upgrade would be nice, especially if it's a lefty so Crochet can be a long guy.

Ruiz is out of options and too good to be DFA'd. I think his spot in the pen is secure.

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

lmao are the Sox trying to use openers now or something? Cause holy crap, the bullpen is loaded as-is. 

That's how the season will start. Decreased innings for starters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Ruiz has a 3.94 career ERA, so he's not too good to be DFA, but even so Burr is probably the next man out and not Ruiz.

I'm not trying to say Ruiz is a stud or anything, but guys who throw 97 don't get DFA'd coming off a year with 65 IP and a 3 ERA. Especially when they're making the minimum.