Kimbrel traded for AJ Pollock

Sleepy Harold

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

My grade goes from D to B-.  Still like to see one more SP added, but this trade really makes the off season look different.

Like the Pollock move, but this off-season as of right now is still a C at best. Hahn had to trade a mistake from last year to fill one of his holes. Those kind of wash to me. 

It's going to be impossible for me to move past a C knowing that Hahn spent 11 million dollars on two utility guys.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, Sheets, Ramos and Thompson

It’s going to be either Sheets or Burger but if I were to guess most likely Sheets because he really has no place on this roster now since we traded for Pollock. Vaughn or Eloy will be the DH now.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

It’s going to be either Sheets or Burger but if I were to guess most likely Sheets because he really has no place on this roster now since we traded for Pollock. Vaughn or Eloy will be the DH now.

Or they could decide to give Sheets a shot in MLB and send Vaughn to Charlotte. Vaughn struggled mightily with RHP last year so a season in Charlotte could be beneficial. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

A lot of teams with way, way better farm systems want Manaea. If the Sox get him, it’s going to hurt.

I'd like to see a championship before we have to rebuild again. Rebuilding time will hurt. I don't care if they have to trade for good players using good players. Get better and win that's the only mode I'm in now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

A lot of teams with way, way better farm systems want Manaea. If the Sox get him, it’s going to hurt.

That's what I think too, but we'll see. I think the MLB ready piece will be Burger though because the Sox have nowhere for him to play and they seem to like Sheets at DH. 

As long as the pitcher isn't Vera, I'm fine. 

I can live with the cost if they get Manaea re-signed.  

This is Winning Time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Pollocks health is certainly a concern, but the thing is, the Sox do have a lot of RF depth, they were just lacking a starter. 

Haseley and Cespedes could fill in IMO. 

Cespedes was impressive in ST. If he keeps that up in Birmingham and Charlotte, we might have something there. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Pollocks health is certainly a concern, but the thing is, the Sox do have a lot of RF depth, they were just lacking a starter. 

Yeah I agree and it makes it more affordable now to trade either Sheets or Burger. 

Edited by maloney.adam

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's what I think too, but we'll see. I think the MLB ready piece will be Burger though because the Sox have nowhere for him to play and they seem to like Sheets at DH. 

As long as the pitcher isn't Vera, I'm fine. 

I can live with the cost if they get Manaea re-signed.  

This is Winning Time. 

Sheets just lost his DH job this morning.  Sox can't possibly be dumb enough to turn AV into a weakside platoon player at this stage. 

If anyone is going to AAA between Sheets/AV, it'll be Sheets imo. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With his hometown essentially being a Chicago suburb, this is one of those occasions where an extension might really make sense.

Yeah...I'm not sure I want to trade for another Oakland pitcher who's from the Chicago Suburbs. The last one didn't work out real well for us.