GAMETHREAD 4/13/22: Sox vs Mariners (Keuchel vs Ray) 6:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

28 minutes ago, pcq said:

Meadows pulled an AJ Pollock in LF helping the Red Sox. Maybe they should trade places. 

When Pollock is back, he should be in LF and Engel subbed into RF for Eloy/Vaughn late in games.

Apparently it’s funny to want guys to play their natural position lol Engel with the better arm definitely makes more sense in RF late in games (key word being late). Engel makes that catch in Detroit and the team is potentially 4-0 🤷🏻‍♂

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

Meadows pulled an AJ Pollock in LF helping the Red Sox. Maybe they should trade places. 

Realistically, only one of those four balls should have been caught.

But it's also why the Rays limited his outfield time...because it's even more disadvantageous on turf to have a below average defender.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

1. The game was also designed to be...one game. Playing 18 innings in one day is far too much baseball

2. If we are talking about game design and how things were in the past, you're also talking about pitchers that would throw 300 innings in one season, teams hitting a combined 40 HR's in 140 games, and a good SO/W rate in the 2's...

Things change....in 2022 with the way bullpens and starters are used, when a DH takes place, I like a team getting those 4 combined innings back and speeding up what is already far too long of a game, generally. 

If Baseball-ruiner Clownfred is going back to 7 innings, TIX costs should be pro-rated or 1 TIX works for both games.  The only people who want less Baseball shouldn't be watching Baseball in the first place.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

1. The game was also designed to be...one game. Playing 18 innings in one day is far too much baseball

2. If we are talking about game design and how things were in the past, you're also talking about pitchers that would throw 300 innings in one season, teams hitting a combined 40 HR's in 140 games, and a good SO/W rate in the 2's...

Things change....in 2022 with the way bullpens and starters are used, when a DH takes place, I like a team getting those 4 combined innings back and speeding up what is already far too long of a game, generally. 

The game hardly changed at all in all my years growing up. They changed mound height a couple times I think, and redid divisions but that was about it. Its no longer the game of strict tradition it used to be. I suppose it doesn't need to be, or maybe even should be...

16 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

If Baseball-ruiner Clownfred is going back to 7 innings, TIX costs should be pro-rated or 1 TIX works for both games.  The only people who want less Baseball shouldn't be watching Baseball in the first place.  

Fourteen innings seems more than 9. 

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

At least you care.

8C16C162-AD63-4FDB-9646-6121BC3DE87A.png

Exactly. I do care a little because it could be used as an excuse to not sign other players.

And, because I've spent some time studying linguistics 

https://slate.com/human-interest/2014/03/why-i-could-care-less-is-not-as-irrational-or-ungrammatical-as-you-might-think.html

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

On the bright side I expected by 6:45 for Soxtalk to have a meltdown over Keuchel. 

Indeed.  I prefer my testicles kicked in after 7 so I might skip the first 5 minutes here

Edited by Jerksticks
  • Haha 1

Seriously, I'm bullish on Keuchel for this season. Obviously not a return to his Cy Young days, but a serviceable fourth or fifth starter that will get into the fifth in half his starts.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Seriously, I'm bullish on Keuchel for this season. Obviously not a return to his Cy Young days, but a serviceable fourth or fifth starter that will get into the fifth in half his starts.

They still can't let his option vest unless he's doing what he did in 2020 over a full season. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

And get torched by the second in the other half….😉