White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He needed to tag if it was caught so he couldn't wander far from the base at all. 

I thought it was pretty evident that Reyes wasn't gonna catch that. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Blaming Leury for that is funny STone. Robert was looking to tag up instead of going half way on a ball that was to the wall with a terrible fielder in RF.

because he should be tagging up... what are you guys talking about. Robert did exactly what he should do there. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I don't get how Robert didn't even come close to scoring on that. That ball was to the wall and Franmil had trouble finding it. 

I think he was holding close to 2nd because he was going to tag up to get to third if it were caught.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't get how Robert didn't even come close to scoring on that. That ball was to the wall and Franmil had trouble finding it. 

But would have been caught by 75-80% of RFers.

Leury would gave easily been doubled up there had it been caught.

Great, only two more years of Leury to go, at least until his next ill-advised extension.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Blaming Leury for that is funny STone. Robert was looking to tag up instead of going half way on a ball that was to the wall with a terrible fielder in RF.

OK, but once Luis makes that mistake, Leury HAS to stop at 2nd.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Robert did the right play there, tag up.   However, his hustle was a bit lacking.