GAMETHREAD 4/27/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Greinke vs Cease) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

Just now, Dick Allen said:

So is the real reason the game was moved up, the 2 degree predicted temperature difference from 1pm to 6pm, or that JR wanted to watch this game and the Bulls game tonight.

Good call.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah the fractured left foot was 2005.

Torn biceps pretty rare in baseball, like Eloy's injury last year.

Wasn't it from catching a throw that brought him into contact with a base runner?

I think he dove awkwardly for a ball. I could be wrong,  I was at the game but that was a long time ago. I think Wells initially thought Hurt was a pussy for coming out of the game. The other thing I remember was I think that was before Soxtalk, but on sports radio the beef had been why is Frank DHing? He hits better when he plays 1B. After this, it was what was he doing playing 1B?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think he dove awkwardly for a ball. I could be wrong,  I was at the game but that was a long time ago. I think Wells initially thought Hurt was a pussy for coming out of the game. The other thing I remember was I think that was before Soxtalk, but on sports radio the beef had been why is Frank DHing? He hits better when he plays 1B. After this, it was what was he doing playing 1B?

I think it was going over the tarp roll for a foul ball.

16 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Robert update is meh. Should have just IL'd him. 

Probably.  Its a week tomorrow already.  Problem is we don't really have anyone worth a damn on the 40 man to fill his spot. 

2 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Losing 8 straight games is totally worth it to fire TLR? No it's not.

In this scenario, who replaces Tony and saves the Sox?

I'll say one thing. Ozzie's teams always looked ready to play . In the field and at the plate. Right now, Larussas  players are lost.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

So is the real reason the game was moved up, the 2 degree predicted temperature difference from 1pm to 6pm, or that JR wanted to watch this game and the Bulls game tonight.

What a masochist

Edited by Big Hurtin

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

As someone who was there last night, I can't imagine it being any more uncomfortable to be there just because it's a little bit colder.

35 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Problem is we don't really have anyone worth a damn on the 40 man to fill his spot. 

I would have personally started Haseley in the OF instead of two bad first basemen.  And at the very least he would be a defensive replacement if they got a lead.  So I guess he could have been on the roster.  

16 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This team is just awful with players hurt and putting them on the IL. Harrison should have been put on it over a week ago and now Robert.

There is a reason we keep getting these injuries. There seems to be some level of incompetence regarding injuries.