Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman

reiks12

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hahn couldn't have fucked up the off season more if he tried.  

It really is shocking when you look back at what they did. And it’s not like we didn’t see it in real time and this is just being an arm chair QB. 

I’ve said all along they deserve credit for making the playoffs in back to back years and putting together what looked like a very solid core. I still think it’s a good core if they could ever stay healthy, but that doesn’t seem possible. However, the “additions” they made to this team we’re so incredibly bad, I just can’t fathom what conversations took place over the offseason for them to land on guys like Harrison, Kelly, Pollock, etc. And think that was enough…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hahn couldn't have fucked up the off season more if he tried.  

Yep it’s pretty amazing.  Arguably one of the worst offseason I’ve ever seen, and it’s not like it’s been a big shock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I really don't think energizing the fan base is a top priority nor should it be.

Well, they're going to end up cutting payroll by at least $25 million if that is the case.

Or force themselves to sign one of the Top 3-5 FAs like Correa/Twins to a VERY creative deal.

18 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Robert is apparently still not healthy enough. There was a tweet somewhere he might be up for DHing tomorrow.

Why activate yet another player not healthy enough to play? That's a Hahn question / decision, not that he is ever held accountable here or by the organization.

Robert looked pretty good sitting and laughing in the dugout.  If he was not healthy enough to play, let him rest at home orbe in the training room.

4 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Sigh, I miss the brutally honest Steve that jettisoned himself from the Cubs booth.

I really don't even understand his argument.  Grandal does not seem to be walking much.  His obp is .279.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It really is shocking when you look back at what they did. And it’s not like we didn’t see it in real time and this is just being an arm chair QB. 

I’ve said all along they deserve credit for making the playoffs in back to back years and putting together what looked like a very solid core. I still think it’s a good core if they could ever stay healthy, but that doesn’t seem possible. However, the “additions” they made to this team we’re so incredibly bad, I just can’t fathom what conversations took place over the offseason for them to land on guys like Harrison, Kelly, Pollock, etc. And think that was enough…

You want to talk about taking a year or two off the expected contention window.  I truly believe they should trade Giolito in a month to the Dodgers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You want to talk about taking a year or two off the expected contention window.  I truly believe they should trade Giolito in a month to the Dodgers.

https://www.mlb.com/news/starting-pitchers-who-could-move-before-2022-trade-deadline

Giolito would be right there in the top 2-3 names...Montas and Luis Castillo.

Pretty much have to hold onto Lynn unless he comes out like a house afire.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, fathom said:

I don’t even like Madrigal, but ever since they made the trade, they seemingly haven’t made a single move that has made any sense. It somehow has completely broke their brains and to your point, the moves and time wasted and opportunities lost have probably cost this organization a ton of W’s

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I really don't think energizing the fan base is a top priority nor should it be.

They need to draw well for the Sox to consider buying at the deadline. Have to believe they are underperforming internal attendance expectations sitting with under 23K and 18th in "the" MLB, even after the Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox series bump . 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

The Dodgers are their last premier home opponent before the deadline, and if they limp through this week, I wouldn't expect a large walk-up demand.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don’t even like Madrigal, but ever since they made the trade, they seemingly haven’t made a single move that has made any sense. It somehow has completely broke their brains and to your point, the moves and time wasted and opportunities lost have probably cost this organization a ton of W’s

Yep it ruined all momentum and now besides having a crappy team, the fan base is apathetic.  If you and I can barely watch them, I can’t imagine how bored the casual fan is.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

McGuire for Collins did make sense, at least in theory.  Zack was definitely in need of a scenery change.

Graveman, too.

The way things are going Carlos Perez or even Yermin might have to be the spark because they can't afford to get 7-8 games behind.  The Twins do finally hit their tough stretch starting this weekend.

• Like 1

Vaughn is the answer and Abreu’s  eventual replacement. Sheets still needs time. He may become a Gordon Beckham, an ok player but not a star. Vaughn is for real. I think Burger, if he plays will fuck up from time to time but get better. Moncada can’t stay on the field, Burger is the answer at 3rd, eventually. Give him a year and 500 at bats. Vaughn is the example. Playing everyday and getting better everyday. Will Robert and Jimenez ever play 120 to 130 games?? Doubt it. Physically overdeveloped players pull muscles, groins, hamstrings etc.  

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They need to draw well for the Sox to consider buying at the deadline. Have to believe they are underperforming internal attendance expectations sitting with under 23K and 18th in "the" MLB, even after the Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox series bump . 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

The Dodgers are their last premier home opponent before the deadline, and if they limp through this week, I wouldn't expect a large walk-up demand.

There is a limit to fan masochism.  

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered. The bullpen tunnel vision has been a dysfunctional dynamic for this FO

• Like 2

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

Vaughn is the answer and Abreu’s  eventual replacement. Sheets still needs time. He may become a Gordon Beckham, an ok player but not a star. Vaughn is for real. I think Burger, if he plays will fuck up from time to time but get better. Moncada can’t stay on the field, Burger is the answer at 3rd, eventually. Give him a year and 500 at bats. Vaughn is the example. Playing everyday and getting better everyday. Will Robert and Jimenez ever play 120 to 130 games?? Doubt it. Physically overdeveloped players pull muscles, groins, hamstrings etc.  

Sheets is so mediocre.  I absolutely hate his swing this year.  He has a nice level swing last year, but this year it’s the opposite of smooth.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

McGuire for Collins did make sense, at least in theory.  Zack was definitely in need of a scenery change.

Graveman, too.

The way things are going Carlos Perez or even Yermin might have to be the spark because they can't afford to get 7-8 games behind.  The Twins do finally hit their tough stretch starting this weekend.

Agree, but can’t  afford to punt or give away games like tonight with so many dumb moves.

The crazy thing is I didn't talk to a single person this off season that wasn't sure they were going to make a couple big impact moves.  They were talking to the right players and teams but ended up doing nothing and nobody seems to know why.  Probably just a combination of Hahn's incompetence and Jerry's stubbornness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Moncada and Robert had to be stars or even superstars for this to work...especially with Eloy out so much and career at a crossroads.

2 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Robert is supposed to be the next Mike Trout. He is as far as days on the DL. 

Well it's not like you can trade Robert TA Vaughn Kopech or Cease.  Or you're simply burning down your franchise and fanbase simultaneously.

If Herm Schneider was still around those guys would all be out there no matter what process/or level of pain they had to undergo. But totally different generation of players now.  His methods might lead to a team rebellion today.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The crazy thing is I didn't talk to a single person this off season that wasn't sure they were going to make a couple big impact moves.  They were talking to the right players and teams but ended up doing nothing and nobody seems to know why.  Probably just a combination of Hahn's incompetence and Jerry's stubbornness.

They also have an awful habit of overrating their own mediocre players