Nightengale: Sox have clubhouse issues

chw42

Original article:

Boob may be an idiot, but he has Sox sources. And I don't think it's a stretch to say this team might have some internal problems after seeing them play like a AA team against Cleveland after 2 days off from rain. If all this is true, it seems like TLR really has no control of the clubhouse. That was one of the things he was supposed to be good at...

Edited by chw42
  • TLR 4

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Nightengale’s sources are in FO, possibly JR himself.  May be an attempt to blame players instead of management.

If anything, leaking this is bad for somebody like the manager. Not necessarily the players. It's LaRussa's job to make sure the clubhouse runs well and doesn't get divided. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Nightengale’s sources are in FO, possibly JR himself.  May be an attempt to blame players instead of management.

Or maybe the “cliques” are pro Tony and anti Tony?  I’ve got to imagine there is a group of players enraged by his shit decision-making and leadership.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Or maybe the “cliques” are pro Tony and anti Tony?  I’ve got to imagine there is a group of players enraged by his shit decision-making and leadership.

I know Leury Garcia is definitely in the pro Tony group. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Duh.

This was EXACTLY what my top worry was when they hired this clown, and it has been obvious all year long that this team isn't right.

Sounds like a good reason to fire said clown

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 2

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Exactly. This is my guess. Otherwise I have a hard time really thinking where these cliques could be. But this shouldn’t be a surprise for anyone who has watching this team play a lot in 22. A lot of uninspired play. 

• Like 3

This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who has followed this team all year. Too many players look like they are sleep walking or plain just don't care. 

My guess is it all revolves around TLR and his mind boggling decisions regarding lineups and in game strategy. I think there is a huge disconnect between him and most of the team.  

• Thanks 2