7/13-White Sox / Guardians - The Fall of TLR Begins —6:10

Vote4Pedro

Steve Stone has talked multiple times about players that prepare and get to the park early and condition themselves (Abreu).  Eloy comes across as a lazy player that doesn’t take the time to prepare himself and keep himself healthy.

Just now, Heads22 said:

If he gets hurt on that it doesn't matter if he's a DH or in LF, he's just going to get hurt

Like the day before Eloy blew out against the Twins, I read an old scouting report of his from right before he made his major league debut. It mentioned that he's had multiple injuries basically every season of his career dating back to being a Cub. Maybe there's nothing that can be done to keep him healthy. I don't know.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Steve Stone has talked multiple times about players that prepare and get to the park early and condition themselves (Abreu).  Eloy comes across as a lazy player that doesn’t take the time to prepare himself and keep himself healthy.

Sure looks that way.  At this point you have to question his commitment to game prep and maintaining his body. 

• Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Like the day before Eloy blew out against the Twins, I read an old scouting report of his from right before he made his major league debut. It mentioned that he's had multiple injuries basically every season of his career dating back to being a Cub. Maybe there's nothing that can be done to keep him healthy. I don't know.

I assume we'll just waste a roster spot "waiting" before we IL him during the ASB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Eloy can't stay healthy playing the field, but he might not hit well enough to be valuable as a pure DH

He doesn’t bring any value in the field when healthy so this doesn’t make sense.

The only argument for keeping him in the field is that the roster was built full of 1B/DH types and there’s no choice. Although I’d argue Vaughn isn’t any worse than Eloy

Just now, brijames1957 said:

I never want to see a player get injured but losing Eloy is not a big deal. 

He can't run, he can't field, he can't throw. He is a klutz who is often injured. If he doesn't hit which he hasn't been he is more of a liability than anything.

And if that’s all he is, sheesh, what an albatross contract that is for a while

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

I never want to see a player get injured but losing Eloy is not a big deal. 

He can't run, he can't field, he can't throw. He is a klutz who is often injured. If he doesn't hit which he hasn't been he is more of a liability than anything.

i really don't agree... he has injury issues, but we have limited home run power in our line up.

He can hit home runs.

His constant injury problem are really hurting this team and organization.