Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Well it’s two less homers than Yoan has all season and one more than Grandal :)

Still two less than Judge since the ASB for those three combined (just Brown v. Sox)...

Sox are surely in there with plans for Correa, Judge and Trea Turner.

Not that Correa has exactly earned his $35 million or whatever.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

5 extra base hits in like 230 PA's for Grandal is one of the most inexplicable stats I've ever seen in my life

He needs to go back on the IL if he still can't drive the ball with any real authority. 

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

This is kind of interesting. Who do we know that is potentially available that may have played with Hendriks in the past?

Couple guys I think could be possibilities:

- Ramon Laureano

- Jake Diekman

- Lou Trivino

- Aaron Loup

Isn’t Laureano Haesely? Why the need. 

Carlos Rodon is available. His second half collapse has been greatly exaggerated.

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

Record through tonight 9-6 3.00 ERA

3.7 fWAR before tonight's Fangraph update, likely 1st or 2nd in pitcher fWAR across The MLB. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men

41 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He needs to go back on the IL if he still can't drive the ball with any real authority. 

It's very depressing that Seby is much more dangerous at bat than Grandal right now.  Grandal is very streaky so I'm hoping but it sure doesn't look like his power stroke is coming back this season.

56 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

5 extra base hits in like 230 PA's for Grandal is one of the most inexplicable stats I've ever seen in my life

He had leg issues before the season started than back issues. Going to decrease the power. 

40 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Carlos Rodon is available. His second half collapse has been greatly exaggerated.

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

3.7 fWAR before tonight's Fangraph update, likely 1st or 2nd in pitcher fWAR across The MLB. 

But... i was told his arm was going to fall off? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

And Gausman, the other candidate for first in fWAR…just a bit more expensive.  Were the Sox ever connected to him, even like, once?

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty pathetic Rangers, Orioles, Guardians, Twins, Rays and Mariners all part of trade rumors but Sox just have their proverbial seat the table but soon to be cast aside to the kiddie version.  Or relegated, if you prefer futbol terminology.

After no moves are made Rick Hahn will have a presser soon stating that he didn’t want to mortgage the future and jeapordize the competitive window to be short sighted in trying to win now or some bs like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

Who needs Rodon when you have Cy Cueto instead :)

• Hawk 1

24 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Who needs Rodon when you have Cy Cueto instead :)

Johnny has pitched well and was a great pickup, but will likely regress as his ERA is above his expected Fielding Independent Pitchiing.

Carlos Rodon fWAR 4.2 (#1 across The MLB) ERA 3.00 xFIP 3.06

Expected ERA Regression:

• Johnny Cueto fWAR 0.8 ERA 2.86 xFIP 4.33
  • Dylan Cease fWAR 3.3 ERA 2.01 xFIP 3.02
  • Michael Kopech fWAR 0.9 ERA 3.16 xFIP 4.96
  • Jimmy Lambert fWAR 0.1 ERA 2.13 xFIP 4.99

Expected ERA Improvement:

• Lucas Giolito fWAR 0.7 ERA 5.14 xFIP 3.75
  • Lance Lynn fWAR 0.2 ERA 6.42 xFIP 3.66
  • Joe Kelly fWAR 0.2 ERA 5.91 xFIP 3.18
  • Josh Harrison fWAR (0.1) ERA 9.00 xFIP 6.59 :)

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Johnny has pitched well and was a great pickup, but will likely regress as his ERA is above his expected Fielding Independent Pitchiing.

Carlos Rodon fWAR 4.2 (#1 across The MLB) ERA 3.00 xFIP 3.06

Expected ERA Regression:

• Johnny Cueto fWAR 0.8 ERA 2.86 xFIP 4.33
  • Dylan Cease fWAR 3.3 ERA 2.01 xFIP 3.02
  • Michael Kopech fWAR 0.9 ERA 3.16 xFIP 4.96
  • Jimmy Lambert fWAR 0.1 ERA 2.13 xFIP 4.99

Expected ERA Improvement:

• Lucas Giolito fWAR 0.7 ERA 5.14 xFIP 3.75
  • Lance Lynn fWAR 0.2 ERA 6.42 xFIP 3.66
  • Joe Kelly fWAR 0.2 ERA 5.91 xFIP 3.18
  • Josh Harrison fWAR (0.1) ERA 9.00 xFIP 6.59 :)

I'm not a fan of xFIP. I find the justification for adjusting from FIP to be questionable.

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'm not a fan of xFIP. I find the justification for adjusting from FIP to be questionable.

We have two months to see how it plays out. I'd wager Cueto, Cease and Kopech will finish with higher ERAs, and Giolito, Lynn and Kelly will finish with lower ERAs (vs. 7/31 for both).

One guy I have overlooked the whole time because he's RH is Brandon Drury. He's 6-2, 230, 29 (almost 30) was never much of a player, showed some signs last year with the Mets, but exploded this year with the Reds. 2.7 fWar playing mostly 3rd base and 2nd base and 1inning in RF. He's got 20 HR's and he'll be a FA next year.

Sox do need power desperately and he may have the most of who is available beside Juan Soto. He also has positive defensive numbers at 3rd. Hard to tell at 2nd base , doesn't look terrible but he is a big man .

Basically his whole 8 year career resulted in negative fWar on offense and defense. Something clicked this year. He's walking more, K'ing less , .249 ISO, 133 wRC+

He's more of a lefty killer than a RH killer which is why I've ignored him. But you can't ignore the pop in his bat. 181wRC+ vs LHP , 115 vs RHP.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside