8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

What good can come from them winning right now?  This is a complete organizational failure that needs to see massive changes.

The simple and obvious reason that winning would be good is that it gives this team a shot at the playoffs. And yes, I certainly agree that it's "a complete organizational failure that needs massive changes". Whether those changes get made or not is the million dollar question.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwin said:

The simple and obvious reason that winning would be good is that it gives this team a shot at the playoffs. And yes, I certainly agree that it's "a complete organizational failure that needs massive changes". Whether those changes get made or not is the million dollar question.

34 games left. This team isnt winning anything. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Maybe not but it remains to be seen.

What have you seen through the first 128 games of the year from a team that is .500 (if they win today) and think they are going to magically put it together the final 34 games of the year to win the division let alone do anything in the playoffs??

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fathom said:

What good can come from them winning right now?  This is a complete organizational failure that needs to see massive changes.

I am a competitor, still a single digit golfer at almost 77 and I hate to lose whether it was back in my tennis days, little league baseball, high school football or my favorite baseball team. Can't change after all these years.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, almagest said:

How in the world did Alcantara turn on that inside corner fastball like that and hit it out in the face of the wind?

Sox are cursed. Unbelievable.  Would have preferred a slider to Alcantara, but it is what it is.  It’s tough to pitch for the Sox when they don’t score many runs, and there is no margin for errors.