GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Joe Kelly cost the Sox $7M this season. He will make $9M next season. For what is essentially a garbage time relief pitcher. At least LOLeury is cheap.

Plus Luery pitches better too.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's possible.

Kelly might end the season with a WHIP of 2 and an 8+ ERA.

Kelly, Diekman and Leury are three guys no one in baseball would bring back for another season.  The Sox will be paying them almost 20 million next year.

• Like 4
  • TLR 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

How can Hahn survive this season?  It’s unbelievable how bad of a job he’s done.

He's the worst GM in baseball, and he was among the worst three GMs in baseball every year in his tenure.

This includes 2020 when he won that ridiculous GM of the year award in the garbage lockout 60 games for signing Edwin Encarnacion, Dallas Keuchel, Yasmani Grandal, Nomar Mazara, Gio Gonalez, Steve Cishek, and his lone trade deadline move with two available starters heading into the playoffs was Jarrod Dyson.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kelly, Diekman and Leury are three guys no one in baseball would bring back for another season.  The Sox will be paying them almost 20 million next year.

I think all would be in the big leagues next season tbh, albeit not at those dollar amounts to be certain. 

I can’t wait for us to put a prediction thread together for what we think will happen with TLR, Hahn and players on this roster. It’s almost like I don’t care how this season ends since this team hasn’t shown they can compete and go on a streak to get ahead of the Twins and Guardians. Can’t wait for the autopsy thread.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, flavum said:

D backs 60-67, kicking some ass tonight. I’m almost jealous.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Their future could be awesome. I love some of the athletes they have offensively.

I get what you're saying, because of expectations.  Like, look at Baltimore.  They are exciting because of where they were and what they are doing.  I still don't think there's a chance of theme winning the WS this year.

What are some (if any) historical comparables to this White Sox team?  A lot of people had them near (at least) the top of the AL.