9/8 White Sox @ Athletics 8:40 CT

Vote4Pedro

5 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

If we win 3 out of 4 and twins take 2 of 3 from Gaurdians, we’d be 1/2 game back of Cleveland and 1/2 game up on Twinkies 

Wait, I forgot twins play yanks again tonight. So in above scenario, either 1 up or tied with twins, depending on what they do tonight. 

Edited by superchops70

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Picked up some 2nd row tix right next to the Sox dugout, home plate side for tonight for $60 a piece on Stubhub.  Look for the guy with the giant Irishman head wearing a spring training Sox cap if you want to catch a glimpse of JoeCredeYes in the flesh. 

What's a giant Irishman head ? Please don't pull a McGuire in the stands. No one needs to see that in the flesh !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What's a giant Irishman head ? Please don't pull a McGuire in the stands. No one needs to see that in the flesh !

Hahaha, I'm a 7 7/8th's hat size, and the huge heads run in my Dad's (Irish) side of the fam, he's an 8+.  No McGuire or recent Mt. Davis tomfoolery for me tonight!

1 hour ago, pcq said:

The Sox normally sink to the level of their opponent. They are the anti- TCOB. 

Unfortunately that's true, I think they've lost over 25 games this year to teams that have a losing record right now. 10 of those to the Royals, which is amazing.

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Abreu has not been hitting for power.  He has lots of singles but has not been that good with RISP so his RBI numbers are also down.

Alot of people here thought Jose's RBIs were overrated but I sure miss them.

• Like 1

Pollock should clinch another $1M next season, just needing 12 plate appearances entering this series. Can see him getting $3M more / 112 more plate appearances with the Sox playing him nearly every day at this point (second on the team behind Abreu).

White Sox 2022 fWAR Leaders:

1. Abreu 3.5 (135 Games)
  2. Robert 2.3 (92)
  3. Anderson 2.0 (79)
  4. Zavala 1.7 (51)
  5. Jimenez 1.4 (62)
  6. Harrison 1.1 (103)
  7. Mendick 0.8 (31)
  8. Andrus 0.8 (18)
  9. McGuire 0.4 (53)
  10. Pollock 0.4 (115)
  11. Moncada 0.3 (82)