Jump to content

Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey


Harry Chappas
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Dick Allen said:

The team was desperate for someone who bashes RHP. Rick gets Pollack. For the love of God how does he keep his job?

Because the owner especially at his age as some of the people told me in the story from a few days ago doesn't like change and isn't listening to folks who are telling him about the issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The team was desperate for someone who bashes RHP. Rick gets Pollack. For the love of God how does he keep his job?

Because look how much value he got out of Kimbrel. That just made everything worth while, he did awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah you'd basically have to use the saved money towards both 2B and the starting rotation. I would prefer to stay in house at 2B and add someone better than Gallo but don't really hate the idea.

Based on the MLB Trade Rumors arbitration projections, they are about $20 million below last year's payroll right now unless something drastic happens (Pollock retiring, trades, etc.). If they keep the same payroll, It will be difficult enough to fill the starting rotation slot with someone competent even if they go cheap and sign Gallo. If they go more expensive and sign Benintendi, then that doesn't leave much space to find a starting pitcher. 

And that's without even talking about 2b or other backup spots. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As bad as the LaRussa hire was, and there were signs the last couple of months of 2021 that things were headed sideways, I think Hahn's 2021 offseason was worse. OK, the Kimbrel trade didn't work out, but he compounds that by picking up the option and trading him for a guy who serves no purpose who is owed even more. He lets Rodon walk for nothing. He signs Valaszuez and Graveman. He becomes the most popular person in the Joe Kelly family history. Why is a team looking to win a championship counting on big production in RF from Gavin Sheets?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

As bad as the LaRussa hire was, and there were signs the last couple of months of 2021 that things were headed sideways, I think Hahn's 2021 offseason was worse. OK, the Kimbrel trade didn't work out, but he compounds that by picking up the option and trading him for a guy who serves no purpose who is owed even more. He lets Rodon walk for nothing. He signs Valaszuez and Graveman. He becomes the most popular person in the Joe Kelly family history. Why is a team looking to win a championship counting on big production in RF from Gavin Sheets?

the Hahn apologists are delusional and i have no idea why they continue to defend Hahn as if hes some sort of prisoner in our org

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

the Hahn apologists are delusional and i have no idea why they continue to defend Hahn as if hes some sort of prisoner in our org

If he really had a problem,  he made the right choice by waiting it out.  Tony washed out in less then 2 seasons and he got his team back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sox72 said:

What in the absolute f*** are you talking about. 

NIU football did this with Dave Doeren from UW now at NC State, sniffing around after Nebraska. These types always preach teamwork but their God is spelled USD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I do remember some people saying oh Tony has a better chance of getting any free agent or player he wants because of Jerry. Yeah ok….how did that work out? Lol

That's how you end up signing Joe Kelly and Leury Garcia to bad 3 year deals. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If he really had a problem,  he made the right choice by waiting it out.  Tony washed out in less then 2 seasons and he got his team back.

This team is worst than two years ago on paper. Losing Abreu, Grandal is basically crippled, Moncada is awful, Gio is awful, TA had a “down” year, bullpen is crap, the only positives I see are Cease and Vaughn, who is still questionable himself. Kopech too. If this is Hahn’s “team” he should be in the unemployment line with all the other coaches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

I hope they resign Abreu and trade Vaughn. Abreu is the heart and soul of this team. Vaughn is going to be a good player but IMO not the type of the player that really fits this team. Also his production at the end of last year dropped off, maybe in part because Tony lost the clubhouse, etc. but that’s worrisome for a club with aspirations to win. 

I could live with that. IF they would trade Vaughn what would you want in return? 2b or maybe SP? Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I could live with that. IF they would trade Vaughn what would you want in return? 2b or maybe SP? Thoughts?

I would go with a SP. 2b they can probably slide in someone from in-house and be ok. It’s possible they might be able to kill two birds with one stone and acquire someone like Ketel Marte but the Sox would have to throw in more and it sounds like they don’t want to sell off that much right now. Also Marte has been injured so don’t know if they want to take on that risk. It really depends on how much money they will have to spend in free agency.

Edited by maloney.adam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

the Hahn apologists are delusional and i have no idea why they continue to defend Hahn as if hes some sort of prisoner in our org

Hahn gets a little bit of a pass because he works for the worst owner in MLB. Would a new GM improve things, yes but only under a new owner.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Hahn gets a little bit of a pass because he works for the worst owner IN MLB. Would a new GM improve things, yes but only under a new owner.

Terrible mindset, he still sucks at his job and should be gone based solely on his record as GM regardless of how shitty Jerry is. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...