Brandon Nimmo resigns with Mets 8yrs 162M

maxjusttyped

24 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

You're not wrong. The FO has spent a lot of foolish money, which really hurts when you have a tight budget.

But the fact that there are teams throwing out HUGE contracts while we are figuring out ways to get creative with trades and hopeful bounce-back candidates because we have to stay at this strict budget of $185M (or whatever it is) is ridiculous. Hahn deserves blame, but JR is the bigger problem by a mile, in my opinion. 

Not defending Hahn because he sucks, but part of the foolish money spending is a result of not being able to make significant long-term commitments.  And that falls entirely on Jerry for being a risk adverse POS.

• Thanks 3

Attendance doesn't matter, in fact, the more of you who think you'll show them by not going to the games and spending money are only fueling ownership to not put a competitive product on the field and just stack the cash since no one is going.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Attendance doesn't matter, in fact, the more of you who think you'll show them by not going to the games and spending money are only fueling ownership to not put a competitive product on the field and just stack the cash since no one is going.

Attendance does matter. Maybe not to the extent it did in the 70s and 80s. They want people in the park. People who complain about having to spend $5 more to sit downstairs than upstairs have no problem sucking back 6 $14 beers, or spending $20 on a nacho helmet. Not only that, it shapes what happens later. A kid who went to Sox games with their parents and friends is probably far more likely to take their kids to Sox games when they are older. The Sox drew 2 million. This should be a team that flirts with 3 million. That would mean at least another $50 million per year. Plus, if you aren’t popular, your TV ads generate less money. The Sox own part of their station. While whatever they get per game with their broadcasting contract might not matter, the station makes a lot more money when the teams are popular to watch because they make a lot more on ads. The Hawks, Bulls, and Sox are now all in the same boat. You really have to be a diehard to even know what time the game is on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Attendance does matter. Maybe not to the extent it did in the 70s and 80s. They want people in the park. People who complain about having to spend $5 more to sit downstairs than upstairs have no problem sucking back 6 $14 beers, or spending $20 on a nacho helmet. Not only that, it shapes what happens later. A kid who went to Sox games with their parents and friends is probably far more likely to take their kids to Sox games when they are older. The Sox drew 2 million. This should be a team that flirts with 3 million. That would mean at least another $50 million per year. Plus, if you aren’t popular, your TV ads generate less money. The Sox own part of their station. While whatever they get per game with their broadcasting contract might not matter, the station makes a lot more money when the teams are popular to watch because they make a lot more on ads. The Hawks, Bulls, and Sox are now all in the same boat. You really have to be a diehard to even know what time the game is on.

That's the thing, the die hard will always be there. The die hards go b**** on a message board but they are still watching games, going to games, buying gear. No matter how much they b****, they aren't going anywhere. Its why they are a die hard.

If the stadium was empty, or max capacity, I do believe it wouldn't change how this team was run from an ownership standpoint.

18 minutes ago, T R U said:

That's the thing, the die hard will always be there. The die hards go b**** on a message board but they are still watching games, going to games, buying gear. No matter how much they b****, they aren't going anywhere. Its why they are a die hard.

If the stadium was empty, or max capacity, I do believe it wouldn't change how this team was run from an ownership standpoint.

I don't know how it will end up, but this is easily the largest amount of unhappiness I've seen from the die hards and season ticket holders. 

49 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know how it will end up, but this is easily the largest amount of unhappiness I've seen from the die hards and season ticket holders. 

Yep, we are all pissed off about it, but lets face it we aren't going anywhere.

36 minutes ago, T R U said:

Yep, we are all pissed off about it, but lets face it we aren't going anywhere.

I know one thing; I can go elsewhere. I have no intentions of attending a game next year. This off season only proves this team doesn't care about the fans or winning. My not going will not put a dent in JR's finances, but it will make me feel better.  This so-called rebuild is nothing but a con, and I, as a fan, won't be a part of it anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highland said:

I know one thing; I can go elsewhere. I have no intentions of attending a game next year. This off season only proves this team doesn't care about the fans or winning. My not going will not put a dent in JR's finances, but it will make me feel better.  This so-called rebuild is nothing but a con, and I, as a fan, won't be a part of it anymore.

I agree, its ridiculous

11 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not defending Hahn because he sucks, but part of the foolish money spending is a result of not being able to make significant long-term commitments.  And that falls entirely on Jerry for being a risk adverse POS.

Look how far the Mets went in the post season.  I think that's why they are spending.

Besides Nimmo returning was probably obvious. 

Fair warning folks… I’m reaching the annual off-season boredom restless insanity tipping point.

If this form was a physical space I’d be running around in circles waving my arms like one of those damned wavy attention-seeking inflatable dummy noodle things while squawking like a chicken incanting “poop” repeatedly.

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

Fair warning folks… I’m reaching the annual off-season boredom restless insanity tipping point.

If this form was a physical space I’d be running around in circles waving my arms like one of those damned wavy attention-seeking inflatable dummy noodle things while squawking like a chicken incanting “poop” repeatedly.

So in other words an average Tuesday?