2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If Fields is done for the season, you have to move on from him, right?

You’re 100% taking a QB with one of the 1st rounders. Is he still on the team next year? Very possible, but he can’t be the plan at QB moving forward 

Bears desperately need a DE, OT, WR, FS (Eddie Jackson is all but gone) and now probably a QB. Just still so many holes. Probably another 2 years or so. The good news is they SHOULD at least get 2 blue chip prospects this draft. But they need ALOT of help still.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Well this outta put the Bagent talks to rest. Guy doesn't have an NFL arm.

Yea it's very below average. I like that he gets the ball out quick, he's accurate and it seems he processes the field quickly. But man does he have a muffin of an arm.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Yea it's very below average. I like that he gets the ball out quick, he's accurate and it seems he processes the field quickly. But man does he have a muffin of an arm.

Yup the quick release maybe let's him hang around as a back up.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

A win would have been the worst outcome once Fields got hurt 

We also would have had 300 meatballs call into sports radio saying Bagent should start over Fields even if Fields is healthy. 

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Bears desperately need a DE, OT, WR, FS (Eddie Jackson is all but gone) and now probably a QB. Just still so many holes. Probably another 2 years or so. The good news is they SHOULD at least get 2 blue chip prospects this draft. But they need ALOT of help still.

This is where I am at but the QB. There are so many holes on this team that I can’t justify drafting another one high when Fields is around. I may not be a Williams fan yet, but even if Fields holds the ball long enough, I see so many positions that need more, like OL, DE, FS, WR and HB. I thought Poles was going to build the line out and have a team that would win at the trenches. I haven’t seen that yet.

7 hours ago, SoxAce said:

If Bagent had Fields arm strength you could actually see a starter in the NFL. But alas.

It's not like arm strength is of any use to a QB, right?  But I can see why they kept him.  He has the look of a pro QB out there.  Ceiling: Career backup or out of the league.  Arena football?

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

This is where I am at but the QB. There are so many holes on this team that I can’t justify drafting another one high when Fields is around. I may not be a Williams fan yet, but even if Fields holds the ball long enough, I see so many positions that need more, like OL, DE, FS, WR and HB. I thought Poles was going to build the line out and have a team that would win at the trenches. I haven’t seen that yet.

Absolutely none of the holes you listed mean anything if the Bears don't find their "guy" at QB. 

• Like 1

Caleb Williams has started to look shaky the last couple of games.

Turning the ball over...he's gotten away with it for 2 1/2 seasons now at the collegiate level, but a lot of those risky throws start to turn into interceptions when you're suddenly facing the type of speed you're typically encountering at the next level.

That, and judging when to run or not becomes a slippery slope.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next year in the NFL.

One thing's also for sure, Penix Jr. won't work out in the NFL because he's such a stationary, drop back passer.

Maybe Nix.   Or Jalen Milroe, who has a LOT of Josh Fields to his game but with even more arm strength.

Am going to have to start watching a lot more UNC games to see where Maye is at.

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

Yea without knowing 1 is the guy all of this is meaningless.  At this point you can’t wait anymore.  Not sure how you can’t justify drafting the biggest need this team has ever had for all time