2023-24 NFL Season Thread

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Ryan Poles has been trying to trade Justin Fields all offseason. Everyone knows this. The offseason isn't over yet, so I will give this a little more time to play out. However, if the Bears draft Caleb Williams and bring back Justin Fields then I will say Poles 100% played himself and so will many others.Ā 

For like the 4th time, what did he pass up that he could have had before which would indicate he "played" himself?

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He will also be 36 years old coming off a bad injury. I did read though where ATLs new OC runs an offense not so conducive to Fields strengths and that Cousins was a better fit.Ā 

Meh, QBs these days can play to 40 so they will probably get a pretty good run out of him.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

For like the 4th time, what did he pass up that he could have had before which would indicate he "played" himself?

I obviously don't know what the offers were/are for Fields and neither do you. We can both agree that Poles is trying to trade Justin Fields though right?Ā 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The other thing is you can trade the #1 pick, move down a spot or two get a QB, keep Fields for another season, and get some draft capital there if you like someone as much or more than Williams.

Why keep Fields at all if you are drafting a QB with a top 5 pick?Ā 

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

I obviously don't know what the offers were/are for Fields and neither do you. We can both agree that Poles is trying to trade Justin Fields though right?Ā 

Obviously, but you keep asserting that Poles "played" himself, which would indicate he has made a wrong move overvaluing Fields when he could have had more at some other point in time and made the wrong move, thus "played" himself, yet haven't been able to articulate what that actually was.Ā 

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And you don't have to give up nine figures to get him either.Ā  There are like 10 decent QBs in the NFL and the rest of the league is chasing.Ā  If he was a very good starting QB we'd be talking about multiple first round picks.

While this is true, most teams that really need a starting QB are in position to be able to just draft their own guy and have him for 5 years.

Just looking at the top 10, Tennessee is the only one that really makes sense but it sounds like they want to stick with Levis.

After that, its Broncos and Raiders. Broncos I don't see it, they are hitting the rest button. The Raiders might be the only realistic option at this point. And even then, there are guys like JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix, and Bo Nix who could be there in the second round.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

While this is true, most teams that really need a starting QB are in position to be able to just draft their own guy and have him for 5 years.

Just looking at the top 10, Tennessee is the only one that really makes sense but it sounds like they want to stick with Levis.

After that, its Broncos and Raiders. Broncos I don't see it, they are hitting the rest button. The Raiders might be the only realistic option at this point. And even then, there are guys like JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix, and Bo Nix who could be there in the second round.

McCarthy keeps ending up in the middle of the first round.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Obviously, but you keep asserting that Poles "played" himself, which would indicate he has made a wrong move overvaluing Fields when he could have had more at some other point in time and made the wrong move, thus "played" himself, yet haven't been able to articulate what that actually was.Ā 

Gotcha. And I amended that by saying the offeseason isn't over yet. However, if the Bears end up with both Caleb Williams and Justin Fields on the roster come week 1 then I will state that Poles 100% played himself.Ā 

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Gotcha. And I amended that by saying the offeseason isn't over yet. However, if the Bears end up with both Caleb Williams and Justin Fields on the roster come week 1 then I will state that Poles 100% played himself.Ā 

Out of what?

2 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

God, please let this happen. Iā€™d guess for a 3rd round draft pick and a 2025 conditional

Not gonna happen, they signed Minshew. I've never seen a rumor from someone legit get killed so fast. it was literally a couple minutes within each other.Ā 

literally shocked this is real haha

I'm not surprised Getsy would still work with Fields, but boy did it seem like the game of telephone among fake accounts. So annoying you can never tell.

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

McCarthy keeps ending up in the middle of the first round.

Didn't realize he was rising that much already. That doesn't help the situation, and now looks like Raiders are out of it as well.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

LMAO and seconds later it appears to have been leverage against Minshew, whom they just signed.Ā 

This is such a bad look for Fields. No one wants him, atleast for the price Poles is asking.Ā 

Just now, fathom said:

Just hold on to Fields until trade deadline, as Iā€™m sure starting pitchers will get injured around the league.

Lol right, like Cease. We went from ā€œwait until the offseason,ā€ to ā€œwait until the deadline,ā€ to ā€œwait until the offseason,ā€ back to ā€œwait until the deadline.ā€

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's pretty wild. Minshew was essentially Justin Fields the passer but without Justin Fields the runner, and still they'd rather shell out $13 mill / year than trade for a guy making peanuts for a year.Ā