2023-24 NFL Season Thread

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s wild, but he probably has the best WR trio in the NFL plus a really solid TE and a good pass catching RB.  As long as the line can keep him upright, he should have a monster rookie season.

Seriously, I never thought I'd see the day where the Bears have the best WR room in the NFL lol

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s wild, but he probably has the best WR trio in the NFL plus a really solid TE and a good pass catching RB.  As long as the line can keep him upright, he should have a monster rookie season.

Fields made the OL look a lot worse than they actually are. Williams will break Bears records.

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Those were the three likeliest...just a few years from now they will speculate about who they could have picked, right?

I’m sure someone may try to question these two picks if the unexpected happens and one or both guys bust, but Poles did exactly what I would have done in the same situation.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Totally, and we are going to see this every year in the draft from now on.

Spencer Rattler at #83 the next QB on the board.

Michael Pratt Tulane at #160 trails him.

Talk about a massive drop off.

Edited by caulfield12

28 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nix feels like even more of a reach than Penix.

He somehow disappeared in most of their big games at Auburn as well as Oregon.

Bowers=Todd Christensen

I’m more surprised by the team that took Penix moreso than where he was taken.  The Falcons pounced on him, even after locking up Cousins long-term?

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m more surprised by the team that took Penix moreso than where he was taken.  The Falcons pounced on him, even after locking up Cousins long-term?

Yeah...especially at his relatively advanced age as well as injury history.  Maybe they feel he can hold up on turf somehow.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

You know it's very unlikely the combo of Moore-Allen are both playing every game. If Allen misses time, it's DJ Moore then...Tyler Scott? Rome solves a lot of issues, both short term and long term. Now focus on DE/DT, have a weekend. 

With two picks left (3rd and 4th rounders) I would expect a couple of those or one of those and an OL to develop.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Fields made the OL look a lot worse than they actually are. Williams will break Bears records.

Yep, agreed.  But the Bears have been so pathetic in that area, it isn’t all that impressive these days.   🤣

Bears Single Season Passing Leaders

#1)  Erik Kramer (1995):  3,838 yards, 29 TD, 10 INT

#2)  Jay Cutler (2014):  3,812 yards, 28 TD, 18 INT

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Kirk Cousins already upset the Falcons used their 1st round pick on Penix Jr. rather than another player that could have helped the team immediately.

Kirk getting the Aaron Rodgers experience. 

• Thanks 1

Bears selected Washington WR Rome Odunze with the No. 9 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. 

Although the Bears were supposedly “very open for business” with their second first-rounder, they decided to stay put and continue to build out what is looking like an extremely impressive supporting cast for No. 1 overall pick Caleb Williams. A deep dominator who turned into a prolific touchdown scorer for 2023 national title game participant Washington, Odunze (6’3/212) would have a claim to top-dog status in some receiver classes. Since Marvin Harrison Jr. and Malik Nabers exist, he had to settle for “consensus No. 3” in this year’s group. Simply the most prolific deep wideout in the country, Odunze has vise-grip hands despite the sometimes volatile nature of that down-field role. Elite in contested-catch situations, Odunze also consistently adds extra yards after the catch. Odunze might have even better ball skills than Harrison. It’s Odunze’s hands and positioning that make him more — much more — than just a deep threat. He has the finer points of receiving down cold. That, combined with a size/speed game that is growing rare at the NFL level give Odunze “No. 1 overall receiver for the class” upside despite his stiff competition.”