Garbage

YonderLaroche

9 hours ago, bryank1202 said:

Rays schooled this organization with a sweep a fraction of payroll and best record in baseball.  8 games under 500 with the injuries should be 500.  What a disaster 

Damnit JR for spending too much money. How many time have we complained about his over spending? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bryank1202 said:

Rays schooled this organization with a sweep a fraction of payroll and best record in baseball.  8 games under 500 with the injuries should be 500.  What a disaster 

Schooled is a great term for how the Rays took all three from the Sox. You're not kidding with a fraction of the Sox salary.

The Rays starting lineup from yesterday's game:

1. Yandy Diaz                  1B -   $6,000,000
2. Wander Franco           SS -   $2,454,545
3. Randy Arozarena         LF -  $4,150,000
4. Brandon Lowe             2B -  $5,250,000
5. Harold Ramirez           DH - $2,454,545 
6. Issac Paredes               3B  -    $735,000
7. Luke Raley                     RF  -   $722,300
8. Christian Bethancourt  C   -$1,350,000
9. Manuel Margot            CF -  $7,000,000
    Zach Eflin                      SP - $11,000,000

Rays other SP's

Shane McClanahan               -   $737,000
Drew Rasmussen                  -   $739,700
Taj Bradley                              -  $720,000
Kevin Kelly                               -  $720,000
Tyler Glasnow - 15 Day IL     - $5,350,000

Rays bullpen used during 3 game Sox sweep

Cooper Criswell                       -  $720,000
Garrett Cleavinger                   -  $725,000
Jason Adam                             - $1,775,000
Colin Poche                             - $1,175,000 
Yonny Chirinos                       - $1,275,000
Jalen Beeks                             -  $1,375,000 
Pete Fairbanks                       -  $3,666,666  

That my Sox friends is the blueprint for an organization that completely understands and implements how a baseball team should properly Scout, Draft, Sign FA's, Make solid trades and most importantly, DEVELOP talent in their farm system. They have been doing this for the last 15 years in arguably the toughest division in baseball.

It is so damn irritating our Owner and FO don't have an ounce of a F*^king clue to this blueprint concept. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

I have had a very somber moment.  JR has stated the Sox won't be sold till he dies.   JR is 87.   A new owner would likely want his own people.  So if Hahn if fired, what competent person takes the job knowing it is likely a short term gig?

This is a bottom 5 team in baseball right now, easily.

Just pitiful. With 3 at Toronto and 4 more vs TB upcoming? This ship could be sunken before it even gets out of the port. 8-21? 9-20? That would (most likely) be all she wrote for 2023. We don't have the fire power to dig ourselves out of that hole. Nor have we ever displayed anything, even remotely resembling, the chemistry as a unit required to go on a big run.

It would take everything we have just to get back to .500 at that point. A lost season by the end of April could be our reality. Just amazing.

9 hours ago, Texsox said:

Damnit JR for spending too much money. How many time have we complained about his over spending? 

Don't tell me what you spent, tell me how you spent it.

Like having the most expensive bullpen in MLB that also has the highest ERA.  This is from a week ago but I imagine not much has changed since then.

Edited by Iwritecode
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

18 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Don't tell me what you spent, tell me how you spent it.

Like having the most expensive bullpen in MLB that also has the highest ERA.  This is from a week ago but I imagine not much has changed since then.

Sucks most of the money is going to a guy fighting cancer and not playing. 

13 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Sucks most of the money is going to a guy fighting cancer and not playing. 

I mean obviously nobody could've for-seen that. But should the closer really have the 3rd highest AAV on the team?

Just saying they spent a lot of money doesn't mean they've spent it wisely.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I mean obviously nobody could've for-seen that. But should the closer really have the 3rd highest AAV on the team?

I agree. My original response was to highlight the anomaly of the Rays having a small payroll. 

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder how many teams that didn't win a series or win 2 games in a row the first month of the season, made the playoffs.

I wonder how many teams didn’t win a series or win 2 games in a row the month of the season, ever!

5 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

If you go all the way back to Roberto Hernandez and Thigpen, the Sox have always excelled when they developed their own closers or found them on the cheap outside the organization. 

Koch Robertson and Hendriks are the three counter examples here. 

Arguably, the 2020 team was better off with the relatively cheap Colome... but the opportunity cost was Narvaez and that eventually led to overpaying for another aging veteran in Grandal. 

(Ofc, Zack Collins never developing as a #1 catcher was an equally egregious blunder.) 

Edited by caulfield12

10 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

I have had a very somber moment.  JR has stated the Sox won't be sold till he dies.   JR is 87.   A new owner would likely want his own people.  So if Hahn if fired, what competent person takes the job knowing it is likely a short term gig?

We are all assuming Hahn will be fired after this season, but deep down does anyone truly believe it will happen?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We are all assuming Hahn will be fired after this season, but deep down does anyone truly believe it will happen?

If anything they'll just give him a "promotion" like KW.  Jerry is nothing if not loyal!  Then next year we can have THREE general managers, the official one and 2 pseudo.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

14 hours ago, Texsox said:

I agree. My original response was to highlight the anomaly of the Rays having a small payroll. 

That's true. They are kind of the exception to the rule.

Although the Twins and Royals seem to get by with smaller payrolls more often than not as well.

2 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

That's true. They are kind of the exception to the rule.

Although the Twins and Royals seem to get by with smaller payrolls more often than not as well.

I just think the White Sox should have a huge advantage over their opponents in the AL Central. It really should be almost unfair. But JR's mom and pop operation has relagated the Sox to small market franchise in a lagre market, which is the worst of both worlds. He doesn't get the revenue sharing and extra draft picks small markets get. Not that it would make a difference with his choice of decision makets. But any other large market team in the AL Central would have dominated since inception. The White Sox have pretty much done the opposite of dominate. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I’d be afraid he’d bring TLR back in a front office role. 

In that insanely dumb decision that Jerry fired Hahn but brought TLR back as GM or in any FO capacity,  I will unequivocally be DONE being a Sox fan, until Jerry sells the team and is completely gone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JTB said:

How do you get out of this mess other than JR crossing the rainbow bridge?  There just seems to be nothing to grab on to for hope.

YEP! Terrible decision making and absolutely no leadership within this organization. JR not leaving much of a legacy with this 2023 team.

• Like 1