Are the 2023 White Sox the worst Sox team you've ever seen?

joejoesox

2023 Sox: Worst you've ever seen?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2023 White Sox the worst Sox team you've ever seen?

• Never seen anything like this.
    • No, this team was worse (Post in comments)

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Too early to tell if they are as bad as the 1970 team that finished at 56-106. One thing is that this team is probably the most unlikeable bunch of stiffs I’ve seen since 1952 when I became a White Sox fan.

I did vote that I’ve never seen anything like this because it just seems to me like these guys don’t care, a lot of talent going to waste.

1970 team was bad from what I have read. 86 sucked and 88-89 too. 95 was a joke too as I recall. Same s%*# happened then. Remember they called up Dave Righetti to start and told no one. I believe the manager at the time had no clue until Righetti showed up

59 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

1984 has to be the most disappointing Sox team of all time. If you would have told me preseason that Seaver would win 15 games for that team, I would have predicted a 100+ win season. 

Yeah there was high expectations for that team. Adding seaver should have put them over the top. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I was in 7th grade when the Sox were in the '59 World Series and broken hearted when they lost. Since then there have been some real bad teams and part of being this age is that I don't remember them, but I should be so lucky with these 2023 guys. I'm not looking forward to another rebuild!

I’m a year older than you and attended the second game of the 59 Series but as far as bad teams the 68,69,70 teams were really bad, 75 and 76 were tough as were the late 80s. 2013 was bad and then we go on to the rebuild years.
1977 was probably one of the most fun seasons in Sox history, 6 game lead on July 31 but they faded down the stretch, thing is except for the great offense from the Southside Hitmen we all knew that we didn’t have the pitching and defense to win the division.

There also have been some teams that weren’t all that bad and probably should have won something but didn’t like 1963, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1972, 1994(strike year) 2003 and 2006.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’m a year older than you and attended the second game of the 59 Series but as far as bad teams the 68,69,70 teams were really bad, 75 and 76 were tough as were the late 80s. 2013 was bad and then we go on to the rebuild years.

There also have been some teams that weren’t all that bad and probably should have won something but didn’t like 1963, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1972, 1994(strike year) 2003 and 2006.

1990. They weren't bad in 82 either they won 87

Worst I have ever seen, but more importantly for me, it's the most disappointing. Found myself, as a fan of this team, wanting them to literally trade away everyone. There isn't a single player on this team that I have "fan love" for anymore. Our so called "Stars" play for themselves, not for the team.

This team has no heart

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

The thing that sucks is we all knew this team had flaws. But they are in a division where you can have several flaws but still play lots of meaningful games. During what should be one of the peak seasons of their window, they will go the entire 2023 season without playing a meaningful game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The thing that sucks is we all knew this team had flaws. But they are in a division where you can have several flaws but still play lots of meaningful games. During what should be one of the peak seasons of their window, they will go the entire 2023 season without playing a meaningful game. 

That's the thing. This was supposed to be their contention window. Had they done things the right way, they would win these divisions hand over fist. I mean, it's practically begging to be taken with how bad the division is. Just adds fuel to the fire. They absolutely just pissed away this rebuild.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

1984 has to be the most disappointing Sox team of all time. If you would have told me preseason that Seaver would win 15 games for that team, I would have predicted a 100+ win season. 

2003 was the most talented team this franchise has ever put together since the deadball era and they won 86 games. Has to be the most unlikable but this team is making a run for that certainly.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1

The 1989 team went through a stretch when they were outscored 63-14. But that team won eight in a row right after the ASB. And manager Jeff Torborg praised them for their effort and attitude.

I remember the 1970 team vividly. Terrible but they could at least score some runs from time to time.

I don't even watch this team anymore. It's like the cop says: "nothing to see here."

• Hawk 1

2 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

It's too early to tell, but I lived through the 1970 White Sox who went 56 - 106.

I was 10 yr old then and remember how bad we were. Don Gutteridge was the skipper. And my first trip to Comiskey was when the infield was actually astroturf IIRC and was a funky colored green

But Im digressing, this current team is unlikeable and unwatchable 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

The 7-18 start ties the worst record through the first 25 games under JRs ownership with the 1886 team which featured the Hawkeroo at GM and Tony LaRussa getting fired.

3 other White Sox teams started 8-17. 1997, 2001, and 2018.

The last time the Sox had fewer than 7 win in their first 25 games was in 1950.

They will try, but there is no way to spin this. It’s complete and utter failure.

Edited by Dick Allen

33 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I opened up my MLB app to see what time the Sox play today, and they’ve already lost.

This team is amazing.

Said this in the minors thread today but this org was 0-5 with 5 runs scored across all of its games

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

2003 was the most talented team this franchise has ever put together since the deadball era and they won 86 games. Has to be the most unlikable but this team is making a run for that certainly.

With respect I strongly disagree.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well I don’t know about that. The pitching staff was pretty thin even with the extremely fluke-ish season from Loiaza. Buehrle, Colon, Gordon, Marte and a bunch of junk