Giolito: “I hate losing…”

caulfield12

There was talk, following the 3-2 White Sox loss to the Rays on Friday night at Guaranteed Rate Field, of the fight and energy that the South Siders have shown.

Quite frankly, though, those intangibles have seemed absent in the team’s past three contests.

Fight and energy ultimately mean very little when a team is mired in a nine-game losing streak, as the White Sox are. Their 7-20 record marks their worst start to a season since an identical run in 1950, as they dropped nine games behind the Twins in the American League Central.

“Everyone’s trying, but trying doesn’t get the job done. We’ve got to do it. We’re not, so it’s frustrating,” starting pitcher Lucas Giolito said. “I hate losing. I'm going out there trying to win these games. I know we're all trying, but we've got to do it. We've got to turn this thing around.

“It [stinks]. There aren't too many words to describe it. … I have faith in these guys, faith in myself. We've just got to try and put it together.”

Scott Merkin/mlb.com

29 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Luckily for Lucas hes going to be free from this miserable franchise after this season.

Sooner than that. JR will be celebrating when the player rep is gone when the team finally wakes up and realizes they aren’t mired in mediocrity anymore. They are worse, and the same dopes that put them in this situation will start trading off pieces with Gio , being a player rep, one of the first to go, earning Rick and KW another merit badge from JR.

4 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Then imagine how bad it is for us fans who have pay to watch you lose!

That is an excellent point! Whether it was Kenny, Hahn, Grifol, or the players saying they hate this losing and they are all doing their best...not one time has any of them said to the fans: "The worst thing about this horrible losing stretch, is the fact we are letting our loyal die-hard Sox fans down who support us so passionately. We understand and feel bad how they must feel watching this painful losing streak." 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The funny thing is the Sox had so many players in the WBC, I figured they would be ahead of most teams at the start. I figured a hot start and maybe a little fade at the end of the season.  I was as wrong as Hahn. JR might have his eye on me.

I welcome the change...when can you start, Dick??

6 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Then imagine how bad it is for us fans who have pay to watch you lose!

Lucas is one of the most likeable guys on the team and for the most part has performed. I'll be sad to see him go but happy to see him go to a team where he has a better chance of winning.