Quote of the Day...

Lip Man 1

“They have talent, but they just don’t look like they care. Something is going on there that’s festered. It looks like they don’t even like being around each other.”---Former MLB outfielder Brian McRae to the Chicago Tribune.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, zisk said:

It does seem like the Bataan death march around here. I'm turning 61 in 3 weeks. If I get my wish, JR sells the team to Mark Cuban.

First off the other owners would never approve Cuban, because they know he'd be another Cohan regarding contracts and secondly Cuban has said that if he were to get a team he'd want it to be the Pirates because that's the club he rooted for as a kid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

First off the other owners would never approve Cuban, because they know he'd be another Cohan regarding contracts and secondly Cuban has said that if he were to get a team he'd want it to be the Pirates because that's the club he rooted for as a kid. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“They have talent, but they just don’t look like they care. Something is going on there that’s festered. It looks like they don’t even like being around each other.”---Former MLB outfielder Brian McRae to the Chicago Tribune.

This all started under TLR, something went on that I guess we will never know the true story but it’s plain to see that something is amiss.

My second favorite team as I live in Florida and watch most of their games are the Rays and the differences between the teams and the franchises are so far off it’s not even funny. The Rays bust their asses on every play while Sox players jog on ground balls and look like a bunch of losers and mopes. Rays players when they are called up from the minors are MLB ready while our guys like Colas and Sosa for some reason just can’t hack it. We all know that the White Sox farm system in recent years has been a joke and a failure, all part of Reinsdorf’s policy of refusing to spend big money on potential. The trouble is he won’t spend big money on bringing in the best free agents possible, instead we get Andrew Benintendi who I actually like but he would been more at home on the 50s and 60s White Sox.
I really thought bringing in a new manager would change the mindset of these guys but it hasn’t, there is either some dissension still going on or we have weak minded players who just don’t give a f*** as they are getting paid big bucks whether they are 20 games over or 20 games under .500. Still a long way to go in the season but good teams would have won the Thursday game against the Twins or last nights game with the Reds. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You just need to watch the video from last year when they announced Anderson was an all star.  Nobody cares.  He’s probably a self absorbed jerk in the dugout, based on some other questionable off the field behavior.  He’s not a leader as some claim.  It’s obvious his teammates are at best neutral on him.  The only leader they had is now in Houston.

Also, at  point you have to start questioning if the talent is there if it never comes to fruition.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

You just need to watch the video from last year when they announced Anderson was an all star.  Nobody cares.  He’s probably a self absorbed jerk in the dugout, based on some other questionable off the field behavior.  He’s not a leader as some claim.  It’s obvious his teammates are at best neutral on him.  The only leader they had is now in Houston.

Also, at  point you have to start questioning if the talent is there if it never comes to fruition.

I saw the video and it told us a lot, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the problem and even a cancer on the team. I’m not sure about Jose being that much of a leader, if he was he sure didn’t help much last year or thought that things were too much out of control and not fixable thus his move to the Astros, based on what we have seen this year, he wouldn’t be wrong.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I saw the video and it told us a lot, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the problem and even a cancer on the team. I’m not sure about Jose being that much of a leader, if he was he sure didn’t help much last year or thought that things were too much out of control and not fixable thus his move to the Astros, based on what we have seen this year, he wouldn’t be wrong.

I mean Tim does seem arrogant and has became selfish. Just look at the Atbats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yes you’re right about Abreu.

I question whether adults really need teammates to be “leaders”.

But a guy like Anderson can certainly be a cancer.  I think you’re closer to being correct than being off base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zisk said:

It does seem like the Bataan death march around here. I'm turning 61 in 3 weeks. If I get my wish, JR sells the team to Mark Cuban.

I would love Mark Cuban to be our next owner! Cuban got fucked when was the highest bidder for the Cubs. However back in 2007, he was a brash and outspoken owner drawing record amount of fines and just being "off the wall" controversial. The MLB owners were too intimated by Cuban. Who knows if he even wants to own a baseball tam anymore.

The fact is that was 16 years ago. Cuban today has mellowed out and you never see him getting fines or making ridiculous outspoken comments to the media. He is a seriously wealthy billionaire that would be buying  the Sox for all the right reasons. Like most smart seriously wealthy billionaires that buy a team today...they buy it because they want to win, have fun and will spend the money to build a winner.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Wow, that is a very powerful statement! Nothing is better than the harsh comments from an ex player! Thank you Brian for telling everyone what Sox fans already knew, but hey...it's always great when you hear from a ex-player. 

I hope more and more people blast this nightmare of a trainwreck team. Of course they cant just blast the players. They need to loudly criticize the owner, FO and manager/coaching staff that are all worthless as well.

• Like 2

And Giolito/Hendriks not much longer with this team... 

Lynn absorbed in conflict with Stone over his weight like the issues he and Caray embroiled with on Northside.  Benetti clearly on his way out, too. 

Look at the body language of Pollock and this year Benintendi compared to last. 

Robert hustling controversy. 

Clevinger is just trash. 

Injuries injuries injuries... seems 1/3td of the team doesn't have any joy playing the sport at all... which is typical of losing teams.  No chemistry at all like 2020 and first half 2021. 

Burger really seemed like the only uplifting story surrounding the team...Hamilton again for a brief blip. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

This all started under TLR, something went on that I guess we will never know the true story but it’s plain to see that something is amiss.

My second favorite team as I live in Florida and watch most of their games are the Rays and the differences between the teams and the franchises are so far off it’s not even funny. The Rays bust their asses on every play while Sox players jog on ground balls and look like a bunch of losers and mopes. Rays players when they are called up from the minors are MLB ready while our guys like Colas and Sosa for some reason just can’t hack it. We all know that the White Sox farm system in recent years has been a joke and a failure, all part of Reinsdorf’s policy of refusing to spend big money on potential. The trouble is he won’t spend big money on bringing in the best free agents possible, instead we get Andrew Benintendi who I actually like but he would been more at home on the 50s and 60s White Sox.
I really thought bringing in a new manager would change the mindset of these guys but it hasn’t, there is either some dissension still going on or we have weak minded players who just don’t give a f*** as they are getting paid big bucks whether they are 20 games over or 20 games under .500. Still a long way to go in the season but good teams would have won the Thursday game against the Twins or last nights game with the Reds. 

Nothing wrong with cheering for a class organization like the Rays as a back-up to the Sox...since you live there. My brother moved there about 15 years ago and he plans eventually retiring there. Of course he will always be a #1 die-hard disgruntled Sox fan, but he has cheered on the Rays for many years now. At least you can watch a fun and successfully run team year in and year out...something you probably might not see from the tragic demise of the Sox.

Hopefully some day when JR passes away and sells the team, we can get an owner to try and build us a team like the Rays, Dodgers, or Braves, etc.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

17 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Wow, that is a very powerful statement! Nothing is better than the harsh comments from an ex player! Thank you Brian for telling everyone what Sox fans already knew, but hey...it's always great when you hear from a ex-player. 

I hope more and more people blast this nightmare of a trainwreck team. Of course they cant just blast the players. They need to loudly criticize the owner, FO and manager/coaching staff that are all worthless as well.

Yes, a fish rots from the head and JR is pretty rotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The festering never stops. 

On 5/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, JoshPR said:

I mean Tim does seem arrogant and has became selfish. Just look at the Atbats

Cmon. Virtually all our guys have bad at bats. Robert?? He can look sooo bad up there. Vaughn when he's not hitting a bomb has horrific at bats. Grandal? LOL on his bad at bats and Elvis. ... It's not just TA.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:03 PM, caulfield12 said:

And Giolito/Hendriks not much longer with this team... 

Lynn absorbed in conflict with Stone over his weight like the issues he and Caray embroiled with on Northside.  Benetti clearly on his way out, too. 

Look at the body language of Pollock and this year Benintendi compared to last. 

Robert hustling controversy. 

Clevinger is just trash. 

Injuries injuries injuries... seems 1/3td of the team doesn't have any joy playing the sport at all... which is typical of losing teams.  No chemistry at all like 2020 and first half 2021. 

Burger really seemed like the only uplifting story surrounding the team...Hamilton again for a brief blip. 

I think it's the injuries. Our team has a bunch of guys who get hurt ... a lot. These players know ultimately the injuries cost this club any chance at postseason play. They probably figure if Jerry and Hahn don't care enough to get the players the BEST training staff, screw it. Give half assed effort. Because of injuries, the players can't be counted on so the malaise. ... Oh yes, the pitching also blows. Players aren't dumb. They know our pitchers are gawd awful and don't give the team a 'good' chance to win daily,

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1