6/6 Sox @ Yankees 6:05PM CT

Giolito vs. Schmidt.

The schedule gets much tougher and the Sox will need to show they can continue winning series outside the AL Central. May catch a break and miss Judge for the series, I'm sure we'll hear more on his status throughout the day. Looks like we are also going to miss Cole as well.

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Quin pinned this topic

I would be OK with one W out of this series. The Sox aren't ready to compete against teams with better talent and I don't expect them to. Expectations have been lowered significantly for this team. Nothing has gelled for any extended period. Eloy , Burger, and Vaughn can only carry the team so far.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I only heard toe injury for judge.  Turf toe?  Did he foul a ball off his foot?

Judge ran into a breakaway wall in Dodgers stadium making a very nice catch. The wall had a six-inch short wall that collided with his shoe. Rumors he may have a broken toe. 

Edited by SouthSideGeorgia
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

This wasn't as impressive as I thought. The media was making him sound like Willie Mays.

are you kidding me? It was a crazy catch.  90% of guys would have just played it off the wall. It was in a huge spot in the game too as it would have put the tying run at 2nd with one out, instead it was two outs with a guy on 1st.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think his right foot hit the s%*# out of that little concrete rise. I doubt he plays this series. Even if it's badly bruised if he can't put much weight on it he's going to have a hard time batting.

Being able to put weight on your lower extremities is over rated...

image.jpeg

Line up out, no Burger. When you have no OBP, it is nice to have a guy who might run into one. I have been one of the biggest Moncada defenders on this board, but right now he’s giving you little/nothing offensively.  Sox can’t afford to punt c, 3b, ss, 2b, and power in left. How are they supposed to score?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Line up out, no Burger. When you have no OBP, it is nice to have a guy who might run into one. I have been one of the biggest Moncada defenders on this board, but right now he’s giving you little/nothing offensively.  Sox can’t afford to punt c, 3b, ss, 2b, and power in left. How are they supposed to score?

The odd man out is Sheets, I don't get it. Burger is the DH until proven otherwise. Sheets can take a seat. Sucks to have to play Eloy in the OF but is what it is. Moncada is our only above average defender in the IF. Until that changes he needs to be the everyday 3B. I get that nobody figured he'd only be a 2 WAR player, but is what it is. These glorified DH types like Vaughn and Sheets have no value defensively and they can sit more if they aren't hitting bombs on the regular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gavin is the ONLY player on the current roster with an OPS over 800, on the road. I understand that Burger is the flashy choice, but he has been downright terrible on the road this year, sporting a gruesome 462. This team needs all the hope it can get, while on the road, and that means Sheets in the lineup.

Burger is at 148/203/259 on the road, with 24 K's in 54 ABs.

• Like 3

Looking at the pitching matchup and lineups, it looks pretty even for tonight's game. Both teams on small winning streaks. Minor advantage to the home team? 

Is my memory wrong if I think Giolito rises to the occasion in NY?