6/16- Sox at Mariners, 9:10, Apple TV

flavum

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Embarrassing looking at zero HR from your top two hitters in the lineup in the middle of June.

Wish they made up for it in OBP.  At least one of them shouldn't be hitting in front of the power guys. TA could be a nice 9 slot hitter, like another leadoff man when the lineup rolls over.  Maybe at his next stop.

2 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Wish they made up for it in OBP.  At least one of them shouldn't be hitting in front of the power guys. TA could be a nice 9 slot hitter, like another leadoff man when the lineup rolls over.  Maybe at his next stop.

TA and Benintendi are in the top five of MLB players with more at bats without a homer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Embarrassing looking at zero HR from your top two hitters in the lineup in the middle of June.

I guess this is a matter of debate, but Luis Robert is to me the obvious #2 hitter. I don't know why every team doesn't put their best hitter there and Robert has speed in addition to power. Perfect #2 hitter. Like, how many wasted at bats are there now over the course of the season with black holes Anderson and Benintendi taking those extra at bats? Unfortunately there's no one to lead off. Nobody gets on base on this team or walks. Sadly Benintendi is the best for the spot, I'd say Vaughn but at least he can ostensibly drive in runs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not a great sign for Sheets when he's only .08 ops points ahead of Benintendi... 

And he only plays with a platoon advantage. 0 for 5 in five at bats vs. relievers.

They have to pull him either for a LHP or for defense after 2-3 at bats.

Not worth a roster spot when you have a four man position player bench.

• Thanks 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Who do you replace them with? 

Burger is the only one hitting. 

I am not asking them to be replaced, as we dont have anybody better, Just asking to be more selective.  They are swinging at many balls out of the zone.

• Like 1

Let's face it. Sorry to be a broken record but Sox can't hit on the road. Did Andrus take responsibility for last night's gaffe or did nobody address it publicly. 

p.s. if ballgames were five innings Sox might win it all though. Sox have gotten good pitching thru 95 pitches or so lately. We gonna win tonight? I have no feel cept the bats appear dead.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

I am not asking them to be replaced, as we dont have anybody better, Just asking to be more selective.  They are swinging at many balls out of the zone.

Hitters always tend to try to do too much when an offense is struggling and a solo homer is a better option than stringing three hits together. 

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And he only plays with a platoon advantage. 0 for 5 in five at bats vs. relievers.

They have to pull him either for a LHP or for defense after 2-3 at bats.

Not worth a roster spot when you have a four man position player bench.

Ha, I take credit for this home run. :)

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Let's face it. Sorry to be a broken record but Sox can't hit on the road. Did Andrus take responsibility for last night's gaffe or did nobody address it publicly. 

p.s. if ballgames were five innings Sox might win it all though. Sox have gotten good pitching thru 95 pitches or so lately. We gonna win tonight? I have no feel cept the bats appear dead.

If the prediction in the previous post about Tanner Banks coming in after Kopech I'll say it sounds like another loss.

• Thanks 1