Red Sox at White Sox, 6/23/23, 7:10 pm CDT.

Balta1701

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They're going to give the old excuse that Grifol is more confident with veterans like Sheets and Andrus than an Oscar Colas with his job on the line. 

I disagree. Has nothing to do with what's best for the White Sox, has to do with what is best for Colas. He batted and fielded like s%*# because he played a handful of games at the AAA and is only 24. He needs a season to develop, he still isn't hitting for power down there. They need to do what is best for his development.

Ditto rushing Sosa at age 23. Rodriguez shouldn't be here either, they are burning his development because Hahn can't come up with four middle infielders. The dumbass DFA'd two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Bottom of the season so far was 14 games under .500.

We’re back to 13 games under. Exactly back to April 30, day after the losing streak ended.

Team can’t beat anyone outside of the AL Central. It’s a damn shame 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I disagree. Has nothing to do with what's best for the White Sox, has to do with what is best for Colas. He batted and fielded like s%*# because he played a handful of games at the AAA and is only 24. He needs a season to develop, he still isn't hitting for power down there. They need to do what is best for his development.

Ditto rushing Sosa at age 23. Rodriguez shouldn't be here either, they are burning his development because Hahn can't come up with four middle infielders. The dumbass DFA'd two.

To be fair, those two were also awful. Alberto was one of the worst white Sox players this year.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry is happy drawing 27,015 simply because they are playing a .500 team enough people care about.

I'm sure it was a fun night at the ballpark....Red Sox fans can be obnoxious....I hope they didn't break out "Sweet Caroline"

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

To be fair, those two were also awful. Alberto was one of the worst white Sox players this year.

I agree, but that was what Hahn signed for 3 years / brought in this offseason, without any real back ups. Leury is likely a .500 OPS guy at this point, but he can at least field most positions. Not sure what the Alonso thing was all about.

They should just sign a cut veteran who can still field baseballs to sit on the bench, let Rodriguez play everyday in the minors.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I agree, but that was what Hahn signed for 3 years / brought in this offseason, without any real back ups. Leury is likely a .500 OPS guy at this point, but he can at least field most positions. Not sure what the Alonso thing was all about.

They should just sign a cut veteran who can still field baseballs to sit on the bench, let Rodriguez play everyday in the minors.

Bring up Wong 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Pitching staff gives up 4 hits total, records 17 K's, loses.

PLEASE, tear this thing apart.

Be more specific on what needs to be torn up. The pitching staff did the job as you noted