Red Sox @ White Sox 6/24/23 3:10pm

2Deep

Was watching Cubs-Cardinals game from London.  Nick Madrigal went 2-4 with one RBI.  He is hitting .260 with only 14 strikeouts in 127 AB.  Announcers were reminding me that Nick is a very good contact hitter, which we desperately need with all our free swingers.  He would have been more useful than Kimbrel-Pollock. Another bad RH move , probably due to his bromances with relief pitchers. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

I hope they don't watch that and try to put Jake out in RF

If his bat doesn't turn around there is no need.  Personally if they didn't do the BS with Vaughn and Sheets out there it'd make sense.  It's sad they think Sheets or Frazier are options, such morons. Burger has some athleticism, Vaughn has none and Sheets has a small amount. 

Paxton going to breeze right on through this lineup. They have no chance.

Well I lasted 27 minutes back to yard work. 

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Was watching Cubs-Cardinals game from London.  Nick Madrigal went 2-4 with one RBI.  He is hitting .260 with only 14 strikeouts in 127 AB.  Announcers were reminding me that Nick is a very good contact hitter, which we desperately need with all our free swingers.  He would have been more useful than Kimbrel-Pollock. Another bad RH move , probably due to his bromances with relief pitchers. 

As a 2B #9 contact  hitter he was to fit right in but the core s%*# the bed and he'd have been helpless in this putrid lineup. 

22 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Would the Cubs take TA for Madrigal?

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Is there anyone who watches this crap with more than just an ounce of optimism? This is so boring. It's painful. There is no hope whatsoever

Just don’t know how hard these guys are trying, maybe if you have 2 strikes on you, cutting down on the swing might help. The sad thing is the pitching hasn’t been bad of late.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic