7/6- White Sox vs Blue Jays, Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto is now 47-40. They are enjoying getting to bag some automatic wins vs. our dull White Sox. ... Seriously at this risk of being repetitive and hyperbolic ... what would it hurt letting Oz take over the rest of the year? Would cost Jerry a bit of money having to pay off pedro and pay ozzie a decent salary for a few months, but it'd be interesting at least. Did u hear ozzie's rant about how great the USA is the other day? Quit holding a grudge for his leaving the team that one year with a week and a half left.

We're at the point we need some fun. nobody can deny that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Oh my.  Timmy is 0 for 5. He needs a change of scenery.

Problem is you can't sell when he has no value. He has to fight thru this rut in order to establish value for a trade.

Not selling for 10 cents on the dollar.

70 cents maybe...10 no.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:
All my life (all my life) They been tryin' to keep me down (they been tryin' to keep me down) All this time (all this time) Never thought I would make it out (never thought I'd make it out) They couldn't break me, they couldn't break me (no, no) They couldn't take me, they couldn't take me (no) All my life (all my life) They been tryin' to keep me down (they been tryin' to keep me down)

Poor Tim, it's everyone else's fault he's playing so bad.  Sounds to me like it's getting to him.

• Like 3

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

With the highest ground ball percentage in baseball and it isn’t even close 

8 pct pts higher than next closest.  Hitting the pitch he did in last at bat on the ground is truly stunning.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Problem is you can't sell when he has no value. He has to fight thru this rut in order to establish value for a trade.

Not selling for 10 cents on the dollar.

70 cents maybe...10 no.

I’d sell him for a penny on the dollar just to get his disgruntled ass off the club

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

Poor Tim, it's everyone else's fault he's playing so bad.  Sounds to me like it's getting to him.

Maybe he should have made better choices off the field (not just the baby mama thing)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:
All my life (all my life) They been tryin' to keep me down (they been tryin' to keep me down) All this time (all this time) Never thought I would make it out (never thought I'd make it out) They couldn't break me, they couldn't break me (no, no) They couldn't take me, they couldn't take me (no) All my life (all my life) They been tryin' to keep me down (they been tryin' to keep me down)

Lol yep. Lyrics play pretty well for his thoughts.

1 minute ago, HoosierSox said:

At least Lance upped his trade value. 

Yeah he's doing OK. He was phenomenal today. Prolly should deal him ASAP while he's cooking. Isn't he a couple burgers away from being Wilbur Wood-sized?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There ain't nobody keeping TA down but himself. But being the narcissist that he is he doesn't take any accountability. 

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Can u imagine a Leyland or somebody like that, a Weaver or Lasorda managing Timmy? It wouldn't be pretty. Too bad Tim can't enjoy playing a kid's game for adult salaries. He makes baseball appear drudgery.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

I’d sell him for a penny on the dollar just to get his disgruntled ass off the club

The disgruntled player remaining in the clubhouse doesn't really hurt the team that much because the team is already trash so who cares?

I'd rather see if he can have a strong second half so we can get something in the offseason. We have so few tradeable assets we can't afford to sell superlow on anyone. 

• Like 2

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

The disgruntled player remaining in the clubhouse doesn't really hurt the team that much because the team is already trash so who cares?

I'd rather see if he can have a strong second half so we can get something in the offseason. We have so few tradeable assets we can't afford to sell superlow on anyone. 

They’ve been hoping for turnarounds from just about everyone not named Giolito, Burger and Robert. 1/2 of baseball is not going to ruin his trade value just as 1/2 of baseball will not dramatically improve it. It would be different if he had 2-3 years of this garbage. Either way he needs to go. You can’t wait any longer to shake up this club. It’s a sellers market and someone will take the bait. 

14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Toronto is now 47-40. They are enjoying getting to bag some automatic wins vs. our dull White Sox. ... Seriously at this risk of being repetitive and hyperbolic ... what would it hurt letting Oz take over the rest of the year? Would cost Jerry a bit of money having to pay off pedro and pay ozzie a decent salary for a few months, but it'd be interesting at least. Did u hear ozzie's rant about how great the USA is the other day? Quit holding a grudge for his leaving the team that one year with a week and a half left.

We're at the point we need some fun. nobody can deny that.

Grifol should go.  He is not adding any value to this team.  Need to shake this tree, and cannot fire the whole team, and we need a better manager.

• Like 2

At least they’re helping Toronto put heat on the hated Yankees.  Yanks down 13-0 to the O’s in the 4th inning.  Hoping the Cards sweep the Sox this weekend to put them out of their misery at the ASB.