7/6- White Sox vs Blue Jays, Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

31 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I was wondering the same.  Did Jason get fired or is there Cornhole on ESPN he needs to announce tonight? 

Jason is doing ladies roller derby pay per view via satelite tonight. Mike Monaco is your guest host old family friend of the Reinsdorfs. Used to do girls skateboarding before some rumors came out. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Never dispised a Sox manager more than dumbass Grifol, he is not qualified in any way to have this job!

Should never hire a manager from a losing organization, who passed him over for a manager position as well.  I guess he was too cheap to pass up.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

Maybe he should have made better choices off the field (not just the baby mama thing)

Lots of guys might have slipped their sausage in the wrong baby maker a time or two esp when the lights are low. It happens. 

34 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Grifol should go.  He is not adding any value to this team.  Need to shake this tree, and cannot fire the whole team, and we need a better manager.

How many managers they gonna have? Not defending Grifol but players need to go. The culture ain't working .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Grifol should go.  He is not adding any value to this team.  Need to shake this tree, and cannot fire the whole team, and we need a better manager.

What’s the point in firing a cheap manager if he doesn’t have a roster that will win? I don’t agree with all of his decisions but he is on the bottom of my list of problems with this team. Who would even want to manage the next iteration of this team? Nobody good. Probably a first time manager like Mark DeRosa.

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I was wondering the same.  Did Jason get fired or is there Cornhole on ESPN he needs to announce tonight? 

Is it Adam Amin? I wonder if Jason leaves after the year ends and poor Len Kasper is forced to the booth (unless he leaves since he loves radio) or stays in radio because his deal stipulates he doesn’t have to take over TV if there is an opening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

What’s the point in firing a cheap manager if he doesn’t have a roster that will win? I don’t agree with all of his decisions but he is on the bottom of my list of problems with this team. Who would even want to manage the next iteration of this team? Nobody good. Probably a first time manager like Mark DeRosa.

Is it Adam Amin? I wonder if Jason leaves after the year ends and poor Len Kasper is forced to the booth (unless he leaves since he loves radio) or stays in radio because his deal stipulates he doesn’t have to take over TV if there is an opening.

Remember Jason was none to pleased with the way the Sox were screwing him around on his contract this past winter.

“Jason Benetti’s deal with the Sox is up, the Sox hold the option for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. He went to Fox to negotiate that deal with them after he was told to do it and then come back to the Sox and they’d work something out. Jason wanted to get the deal done with the Sox first and then go to Fox or ESPN or whoever. Turns out when he came back to the Sox and said that he needs 40 days off so he can do the Fox work he was told, ‘no, that’s not happening.’ So I don’t know what’s going to happen to him or Steve Stone.”  

Edited by Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Let's hope Kasper sticks.  He's one of the few bright spots during this rebuild, sadly.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Remember Jason was none to pleased with the way the Sox were screwing him around on his contract this past winter.

“Jason Benetti’s deal with the Sox is up, the Sox hold the option for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. He went to Fox to negotiate that deal with them after he was told to do it and then come back to the Sox and they’d work something out. Jason wanted to get the deal done with the Sox first and then go to Fox or ESPN or whoever. Turns out when he came back to the Sox and said that he needs 40 days off so he can do the Fox work he was told, ‘no, that’s not happening.’ So I don’t know what’s going to happen to him or Steve Stone.”  

Who are you quoting? 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Who are you quoting? 

From one of six sources I spoke with this past off season. Posted a story called "The State of the Sox" on November 1. My sources were able individuals who had professional associations with the Sox sometimes lasting decades. 

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Yeah I remember that. But has he missed all of the games to do Fox work? Didn’t he always miss some games to do another gig?

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Let's hope Kasper sticks.  He's one of the few bright spots during this rebuild, sadly.  

Kasper is outstanding on the radio. I hope JR and Boyer let him do what he came here to do instead of forcing him to go to the TV booth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to DVS of the Sun-Times:

Mike Monaco of ESPN filled in for play-by-play voice Jason Benetti on the NBC Sports Chicago broadcast and will also fill in Saturday for Benetti, who is taking time off.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

Honestly I might wait to sell on Eloy. He's having a good season (not in the power dept though) and they might be able to get something for him if he can avoid anything more serious than nagging injuries. IIRC they still have him for 3 more seasons, right? 

I think I'd keep Eloy too. I stand by my earlier post: Keep Robert, Burger, Eloy, Vaughn and Sheets cause they have possible home run futures and the game is all about HRs. Get rid of everybody else including all the pitchers. If you have to trade one "prospect" to get a batch of good stuff I guess Eloy. Remember Timmy should go and he could bring some good players maybe.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

Yeah I remember that. But has he missed all of the games to do Fox work? Didn’t he always miss some games to do another gig?

Kasper is outstanding on the radio. I hope JR and Boyer let him do what he came here to do instead of forcing him to go to the TV booth.

It's hard to tell if Len was saying those things to publicly explain his escape from Sinclair, if the radio gig was in fact the prime reason he moved. I have always enjoyed the radio broadcasts throughout the decades since the dual TV/Radio broadcasts under Veeck. When I did have access to over the air TV broadcasts, I would mute the TV announcers and either listen to music or the radio broadcast, which I'd still do with the current broadcast team before they ended public broadcasts.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Based on what you wrote last offseason, Brooks Boyer could be a bigger long term threat angling for a John McDonough promotion to President or EVP, perhaps Pizer steps down or passes away.

There have been reported several internal incidents involving Boyer over the years, and despite the fact the lapdog Chicago media loves him, driven by the fact he is the only one who actually is available for interviews among Jerry's insular group, but the limited signs we have access to indicates this guy is a poor leader and despised by various broadcasters (negotiations, prolonging the period they were announcing road games off of tv screens in Jerry's TV bunker studio, and also been a d-bag to other areas including the ticket sales department.

Like Hahn, Boyer has no apparent attributes to assume any additional responsibilities. He has really not done much beyond rolling out the same lame promos he's been doing for two-three decades. Just like Hahn. He likely has thrown others including baseball operations / Hahn under the bus for poor perennial interest in the team beyond the few years around the World Series, but Chief Revenue Officer's idea of cultivating fans is cutting season ticket perks, many of which have minimal costs, obscene parking rates for land taxpayers gave them, and inadequately staffing functions under his areas, though I assume Jerry has done this to all areas over the past four years to maximize profit and incompetence. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men