Robert Injured in HRD; Out for at least ASG

Heads22

9 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

That's really sad and unfortunate, but hence why the HRD is not a good thing for the team aspect, but only good for the fans.

Btw, I heard on the radio that Robert initially told the Sox and MLB he didn't want to do the derby. It was only from all his Cuban countrymen hammering him and making him feel guilty, until he caved in and agreed to do it. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

Eh, might not be anything. If he’s not playing in Atlanta on Friday, then worry.

This is the White Sox. Him playing on Friday has surprisingly little to do with whether he's actually healthy enough to play.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I would have bet that this would happen. 
No one should be shocked.

Actually you did warn against Robert doing the HRD as I remember your response:

If I had any say, I’d tell him to forget the HR Derby. 
Right now he’s in a good place with his swing, timing and mechanics and the Derby could screw that up and with his history of injuries we might see a trip to the IL. 
I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Many got on you for saying that, but you were right and kudos to you. His swing, timing and mechanics were his best ever. He didn't need those stupid 50 swings like he would never be swinging in a real game.

Imagine if we were in first place, how everybody here would be screaming right now how dumb it was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1