Robert Injured in HRD; Out for at least ASG

Heads22

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Well the Sox have the first 9 games on their side to probably make that happen minus their best hitter and run producer:

2nd Half:

@ Atlanta - 3 games

@ NY Mets - 3 games

@ Minnesota - 3 games

Man, I've got Mets tickets for the 19th. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

At this point we as Sox fans have to be shocked when something like this doesn't happen. 

Like every time Moncada and Jimenez run out a routine ground ball I'm shocked if they don't come up limping. 

Absolutely, I cringe every time they run down the line, and that is ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Absolutely, I cringe every time they run down the line, and that is ridiculous.

But remember...that's the White Sox way!

Seriously if you believe in such things you start to think the baseball gods continue to say that until JR is gone, until his incompetent front office is gone they are going to keep dumping on the franchise in the most ridiculous manner possible. 

I honestly think he’s faking it. He didn’t want any part of this. He was forced to go as the lone white Sox rep, and then he got pressured into the derby. It was clear from the derby that he’s just not into this stuff. He doesn’t care if he plays in the all star game, but he doesn’t understand that every white Sox fan wants him to play because he was the only one of 26(-ish) deemed worthy. He doesn’t understand, yet, what it means to be a superstar in the MLB. 

4 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That's really sad and unfortunate, but hence why the HRD is not a good thing for the team aspect, but only good for the fans.

Btw, I heard on the radio that Robert initially told the Sox and MLB he didn't want to do the derby. It was only from all his Cuban countrymen hammering him and making him feel guilty, until he caved in and agreed to do it. 

Robert is too injury prone to participate in a marathon like the HRD.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

But remember...that's the White Sox way!

Seriously if you believe in such things you start to think the baseball gods continue to say that until JR is gone, until his incompetent front office is gone they are going to keep dumping on the franchise in the most ridiculous manner possible. 

Yea, and…?  It seems like that’s exactly how many WS fans feel at this point. These failures are beyond human capabilities. 

The baseball gods must hate the Sox.

Robert gets hurt -- awful news.

And the Sox happen to open the second half against the Braves? One big LOL. Can you say sweep? That sweep should assure more bad chemistry and zombielike baseball for the rest of the month.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

The baseball gods must hate the Sox.

Robert gets hurt -- awful news.

And the Sox happen to open the second half against the Braves? One big LOL. Can you say sweep? That sweep should assure more bad chemistry and zombielike baseball for the rest of the month.

Let's think positive. Sox sweep Atlanta and start their " March" to the Central Crown. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

I honestly think he’s faking it. He didn’t want any part of this. He was forced to go as the lone white Sox rep, and then he got pressured into the derby. It was clear from the derby that he’s just not into this stuff. He doesn’t care if he plays in the all star game, but he doesn’t understand that every white Sox fan wants him to play because he was the only one of 26(-ish) deemed worthy. He doesn’t understand, yet, what it means to be a superstar in the MLB. 

I gotta say, I think this may be somewhat accurate... I would believe it

I don't think Luis wanted to be in that atmosphere, at all. It is what it is, hopefully he is good to go when the 2nd half of the season starts. I know he and Colas are the only interesting things to even check in on, currently, until our Magoo GM starts making bad trades.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chw42 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a player get hurt from a HR derby.

Maybe not, but they have changed the rules drastically and its way too intense. It was better in the beginning when the HR derby was structed as a two-inning event with each player receiving five outs per inning.