Sox vs Guardians, Sat

oldsox

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

BTW, the narrative that no one on the White Sox went to get Ramirez is false. Kopech grabbed him. Granted it probably shouldn’t be a pitcher, let alone the one that is currently pitching, but I wouldn’t want to mess with Kopech.

I think Kopech grabbing him, while the right thing to do, unintentionally set up the death blow by adding confusion and blocking Tim's view of what was going on. The whole thing seems like a fluke since Ramirez couldn't have been aiming for the spot he hit when he was getting moved mid-punch.

• Like 2

Watching the replay of Vaughn picking up TA and putting him in the dugout.....anyone else think it looked like the Fred Flintstone carry of the sabertooth cat out the front door? Or is it just me??

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jake said:

I think Kopech grabbing him, while the right thing to do, unintentionally set up the death blow by adding confusion and blocking Tim's view of what was going on. The whole thing seems like a fluke since Ramirez couldn't have been aiming for the spot he hit when he was getting moved mid-punch.

Tim saw exactly what was coming, literally no one else was standing between them. He just could do nothing about it except take the jab.

Seems emblematic of the broken state of the Sox fanbase that an opposing player completely misunderstands what happens to him on a play and gets real mad about nothing which triggers a fight... and our fans pile on our player who got mad enough to fight about someone instigating like that. I'll always be a Sox fan but the way fans have treated Tim throughout the season is despicable and embarrassing IMO and has made me distance myself from fan communities.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Never been in a fight and took one on the chin, huh? Never seen a boxing match? Never watched a hockey game between 1980 and 2010??? First concussion you've ever seen? He was fucking out of it, man. 100% concussed.

So many of you showing your fucking ass in this thread. Good on TA for showing some fire. He was 100% in the right here. Also, one of the luckiest flails I've ever seen a guy throw. Ramirez was throwing hands like a b****. TA was going to work him.

Ramirez had Kopech grabbing him and TA was free, and Ramirez still knocked him out with 1 punch. Of course it was lucky, he had Kopech all over him.  TA was not going to work him. His jaw is glass.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Seems emblematic of the broken state of the Sox fanbase that an opposing player completely misunderstands what happens to him on a play and gets real mad about nothing which triggers a fight... and our fans pile on our player who got mad enough to fight about someone instigating like that. I'll always be a Sox fan but the way fans have treated Tim throughout the season is despicable and embarrassing IMO and has made me distance myself from fan communities.

Nah man, the only this despicable and embarrassing with TA has been his attitude and his play on the field. Everyone has a right to their opinion even calling out his half assed efforts and non stop piss poor attitude 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

TA has had a lousy year, but I can think of others who haven’t lived up to expectations either - Moncada and Grandal to name a few. I think Anderson could rebound next year and I wonder if people will change their tune then.

8 minutes ago, Jake said:

According to Ramirez, TA was the one who wanted to fight. He was popping off to the 1B earlier which caused a scene with Pedro and the umpire. Ramirez shouldn’t have been as butt hurt as he was about being tagged hard, I will grant you that, but TAs tough guy act is as old as it is phony.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

Couldn't agree more. The way Anderson is treated reminds me of how poorly Frank was treated by this fanbase. Sox fans suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

According to Ramirez, TA was the one who wanted to fight. He was popping off to the 1B earlier which caused a scene with Pedro and the umpire. Ramirez shouldn’t have been as butt hurt as he was about being tagged hard, I will grant you that, but TAs tough guy act is as old as it is phony.

I don't know why you'd trust any of that narrative considering what the Guardians saying about Anderson standing over Ramirez is clearly false. He got off of Ramirez long slide soon as the ump called safe. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Fun things you can also do when challenged to a fight on a baseball field, instead of fighting or "looking bad/weak for backing down" (not a direct quote of anyone; just summing up):

• look completely bored/unimpressed with the dumbass yelling at you, then slowly turn your back on him and fold your arms
  • exaggeratedly flick away the imaginary dirt/filth from your arm/wherever the dumbass poked at you
  • make the Razor Ramon/Scott Hall finger-waggling/ooh-I'm-scared gesture, complete with accompanying facial expression
  • if opponent puts fists up, take one step back, go up on your toes and take a comical 19th-century bareknuckle boxing stance with hands pointed inward, draw a line in the dirt with your cleats and dare them to cross it, then draw another one
  • Ali shuffle in circling pattern
  • wait until opponent is being held back by multiple people, then do the pantomime "let me at him/fighting-against-restraint" gesture to indicate they're not really trying to break free

Always lead with your head- Robin Ventura. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, hi8is said:

I don’t think he was concussed or knocked out. Just got hit while on his heels.

watch the video above.. he almost collapsed again by the dugout... ramirez knocked him the f*** out.

Ramirez has always seemed to me like he was a couple sandwhices short of a picknick... 

However, he showed Timmy what "slugging percentage" actually is.

Edited by harkness99

Just now, JoeBatadatz said:

TA standing over him for a second too long followed by the slow exaggerated step-over is a classic punk-ass move.  Like most pure punks, TA couldn't back it up and ended up on his punk ass.

Basic schoolyard rules here.

Lol there's not even a second before the ump calls safe and  Ramirez starts barking. You're seeing what you want to see there.

7 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Couldn't agree more. The way Anderson is treated reminds me of how poorly Frank was treated by this fanbase. Sox fans suck.

Google Tim Anderson side piece and read some of that s%*#. How his side piece disrespects his wife and he does nothing. How his side piece posts pictures of the two of them in compromising poses. It’s bad enough the disrespect it shows his wife, but what of his  2 young children who soon will be of age to get crap for it? 

I loved him as a player. He seemed really connected to the community, and did a lot of charitable things I thought were great. But ever since this baby mama stuff started last year, his entire persona as a person and player changed for the worse.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Google Tim Anderson side piece and read some of that s%*#. How his side piece disrespects his wife and he does nothing. How his side piece posts pictures of the two of them in compromising poses. It’s bad enough the disrespect it shows his wife, but what of his  2 young children who soon will be of age to get crap for it? 

I loved him as a player. He seemed really connected to the community, and did a lot of charitable things I thought were great. But ever since this baby mama stuff started last year, his entire persona as a person and player changed for the worse.

I have absolutely no interest in reading celebrity gossip articles about a baseball player and his relationships. Just like Frank, Anderson has been treated terribly by this fanbase and it's incredibly embarrassing. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol there's not even a second before the ump calls safe and  Ramirez starts barking. You're seeing what you want to see there.

Ramirez said he had been talking to TA earlier. They were still upset he knocked the hand off second the night before, and got the call on replay. I don’t blame TA at all for that. He then said TA was the one who said he wanted to fight, so he fought. Maybe he is lying. BTW, if anyone listens to the Cleveland feed of the play it is hysterical as their announcer says down goes Anderson like Howard Costello said down goes Frazier. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jake said:

ah yeah, it’s us fans that are the problem and not the clown that flicks them off and throws hands, wild take

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic