Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If there's an ounce of truth to this, JR doesn't care about winning.  According to Bob, there's a decent chance Pedro only makes 6 figures. If you can't or aren't willing to pay less than $2 million for him to stop hurting your team, you don't care about winning.

Yeah he is making somewhere around a player minimum salary.  I don't believe this post for a second. 

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If there's an ounce of truth to this, JR doesn't care about winning.  According to Bob, there's a decent chance Pedro only makes 6 figures. If you can't or aren't willing to pay less than $2 million for him to stop hurting your team, you don't care about winning.

I mean, were you still on the fence about whether or not he cared about winning? 

20 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I mean, were you still on the fence about whether or not he cared about winning? 

I think he wants to win, but his way, and that way doesn't work anymore. Managers make next to nothing. He can't be afraid of eating money. If the guy can't do the job, you are sabotaging more games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think an internal hire would love the job. And you can look good pretty quick even if you lose 90 games. You are replacing 62-110 who says nonsensical things before and after every loss.  I can't see Ozzie wanting it, or AJ if there doesn't appear to be a chance to be any good, but anyone at this point is better than Pedro.

Ozzie would take the Sox manager job if offered in a heartbeat but I'd also think he'd want more than JR might offer him.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The Bulls have had (7) straight losing seasons.  He doesn't care about winning on either club he owns.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I think he wants to win, but his way, and that way doesn't work anymore. Managers make next to nothing. He can't be afraid of eating money. If the guy can't do the job, you are sabotaging more games.

I don’t think he wants to win. I think he thinks it would be nice if it happened, but I truly don’t believe “winning” is on his list of “goals” for his franchise. There is simply too much evidence that says otherwise 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

2 hours ago, T R U said:

It has to be true. Its insanity that any professional sports team would allow a manager/head coach to keep their job after putting up one of the worst seasons in your franchises history when the expectation was to compete for the division.

The only thing that makes sense is JR didn't want to have to pay two managers.

Dude, we all know it’s 100% true.

2 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Bruce Levine on X reporting JR has never considered firing Grifol and what is happening with team is not Grifol fault. WTF

He's right it isn't his fault, it all starts with ownership. JR needs to look in the mirror. But Grifol is absolutely atrocious. 

3 hours ago, SoxFanForever said:

Not sure if this quote was mentioned elsewhere but further clarification that JR is just a stubborn, bored, old man.  He really needs to go.

Yeah, it's mind numbing that he's doing this thing as a hobby, completely sucks at it, AND has no interest in trying to be better at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

Yeah, it's mind numbing that he's doing this thing as a hobby, completely sucks at it, AND has no interest in trying to be better at it.

It's really not mind numbing, he's making a lot of money. 

1) If Grifol does get fired I   wonder who would replace him?  don't know if Ozzie would be hired  or if he would even want the job.  My  got reaction is he would take the job. He didn't like that DeJong didn't score from third base in the ninth inning. His post game comments weren't good. 2) Late last year on the  post game show Frank Thomas said that Andrew Vaughn has an All Star swing and should be an All Star hitter. Seems like he has no clue at he plate. He has really hurt the team this year offensively. Both Vaughn and Benedenti  have not produced .

25 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

1) If Grifol does get fired I   wonder who would replace him?  don't know if Ozzie would be hired  or if he would even want the job.  My  got reaction is he would take the job. He didn't like that DeJong didn't score from third base in the ninth inning. His post game comments weren't good. 2) Late last year on the  post game show Frank Thomas said that Andrew Vaughn has an All Star swing and should be an All Star hitter. Seems like he has no clue at he plate. He has really hurt the team this year offensively. Both Vaughn and Benedenti  have not produced .

I'd be surprised if Ozzie took it especially during this supposed "good year" according to some fans. 😉 Just recently he said on the post game show he doesn't want to manage again.

Even Ozzie wouldn't want to be a part of this clown show.

They'd name one of the assistant coaches to take over.

Grifol = Memorial Day, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Once Grifol is fired, will he go the way of other Sox managers and front office personnel to not get another job in baseball?

WS2023 raises an interesting question.  What is the list of WS managers or FO personnel that were actually in demand after they left the org?  I’m not sure I know.

Ozzie, sort of, for about 6 months before he pissed off half the population of Miami?  Much younger, I’m-okay-with-roids TLR?  Beyond that …..?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RTC said:

WS2023 raises an interesting question.  What is the list of WS managers or FO personnel that were actually in demand after they left the org?  I’m not sure I know.

Ozzie, sort of, for about 6 months before he pissed off half the population of Miami?  Much younger, I’m-okay-with-roids TLR?  Beyond that …..?

Dan Evans was with the Dodgers after he left the Sox. Going back Roland Hemond took over as GM of the Orioles and won an Executive of the Year Award and of course Dave Dombrowski who Hawk fired because he was Roland's protegee has had great success with numerous organizations. 

• Thanks 1