Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

How would you like to have in your job description "explain every why your bunch of mediocre fielders that are mostly  hitting under Mendoza just lost again."

I'm not saying he's not an idiot, but how many losses can he be blamed for this season?  Yes, he comes off as defensive.  Wouldn't you or I?

The opening series with Detroit set the tone. Sox could have and probably should have won 2/3 of those games but they didn't. Grifol was responsible for not having every player ready to compete, physically and mentally, from Opening Day.   Multiple strained and pulled muscles? Blame the players if you want but ownership pays the manager and a conditioning staff to have players prepared before every game and every at-bat. That was not the case. What the heck were they doing at Spring "Training." 

Moving forward, the team is obviously short on talent but Grifol has to come up with a line-up and a strategy to scratch across a few runs. No need for Grifol to stay up at night analyzing film. Instead typical baseball strategy for a weak hitting team is called for -  take more pitches to try and get walks...bunt....hit toward the opposite field... move around in the box from pitch to pitch....grind out every at-bat.  And please move slow players and guys that hit a lot of grounders down in the line-up to avoid double plays.

Well, I am tired of waiting for the Sox to do any of that so IMO, Grifol has to go as soon as possible. It's not too late to at least have a course change that can win some games. Don't wait until the All Star break to give this guy his walking papers.

Edited by tray
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

How would you like to have in your job description "explain every why your bunch of mediocre fielders that are mostly  hitting under Mendoza just lost again."

I'm not saying he's not an idiot, but how many losses can he be blamed for this season?  Yes, he comes off as defensive.  Wouldn't you or I?

Can't blame him for all the losses, but he's a bad manager. It's so obvious. What has he ever shown during a game that makes anyone think he could be OK, forget elite? Why go on when it's a perfect time to let a guy the organization is very high on a shot, when he doesn't have to be perfect?

There si a whole stew of s%*# that is this organization and he is a main ingredient.  He does NOTHING well.  Every player and coach in that locker room has to look at him and laugh to themself.  He is a bozo. 

Sure, but a big part of a manager's job is handling the media and being the main communicator of the team's status and overall message. He is awful at it.

Given that Pedro currently holds a 64-117 record, you would think at some point he says “This isn’t working, I have to take a slightly different approach here” but instead he continues with the same shtick every day. 

Hey Pedro, maybe take your own advice and flush the script, try something new. 

• Paper Bag 1

29 minutes ago, Tony said:

Given that Pedro currently holds a 64-117 record, you would think at some point he says “This isn’t working, I have to take a slightly different approach here” but instead he continues with the same shtick every day. 

Hey Pedro, maybe take your own advice and flush the script, try something new. 

He knows as well as we do that nothing he does will make the team better (not that he has the ability anyway) and that he will never get a major league job again after this. I’m sure he’s just sitting back and cashing the checks as long as they keep coming.

19 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

He knows as well as we do that nothing he does will make the team better (not that he has the ability anyway) and that he will never get a major league job again after this. I’m sure he’s just sitting back and cashing the checks as long as they keep coming.

Well therein lies the problem. Can't change the culture with a loser who accepts losing. No I agree this team will be bad under anyone but just giving up is horrible for young players to be around and that seems to be all this clown does. The sooner he's gone the better. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Well therein lies the problem. Can't change the culture with a loser who accepts losing. No I agree this team will be bad under anyone but just giving up is horrible for young players to be around and that seems to be all this clown does. The sooner he's gone the better. 

JR isn’t firing him until very near the end of the season at the earliest. It’s a lost season, he’s not making any more money regardless, and he’s not gonna pay a second manager.

My guess is that ownership has already been interviewing potential managers, perhaps at least interim managers. Getz has likewise done a terrible job. Changes have to be made when the Sox return home from this road trip.

42 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

JR isn’t firing him until very near the end of the season at the earliest. It’s a lost season, he’s not making any more money regardless, and he’s not gonna pay a second manager.

I'll respectfully disagree. If they were 7 - 12 maybe, but at 3 - 16 it's getting absurd. They're gonna leave Philly 3 - 18 and are facing the possibility of falling 20 under .500 in April. 

3 hours ago, tray said:

My guess is that ownership has already been interviewing potential managers, perhaps at least interim managers. Getz has likewise done a terrible job. Changes have to be made when the Sox return home from this road trip.

Ozzie, come on down!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Can I interest you in a 37 year old OF?

• Haha 1