8/15 Games

BamaDoc

great game for javier magollon in DSL with a 2b and 3b.

I always mix these guys up who are lower $$, but just a reminder on Magollon:

badler

Venezuelan shortstop Javier Mogollon signed with the White Sox for $75,000. Mogollon, 17, is 5-foot-8, 160 pounds, and while he isn’t that big, his offensive game makes him an exciting sleeper to watch. His righthanded swing is short, quick, clean and balanced, allowing him to barrel balls at a high clip against live pitching. Despite his stature, Mogollon isn’t a slap hitter either, with the ability to generate startling power for his size, even clearing the batter’s eye at the White Sox academy in the Dominican Republic. He’s also at least a plus runner. Defensively, he could see time at shortstop but most likely ends up as an offensive second baseman with an average arm. 

The stats aren't even updated for today on milb yet, but according to my math he is slashing

.306/.406/.523 with 6 HRs, 2 3Bs, 9 2Bs and a .217 iso

So yeah, that power is pretty darn impressive at 17. Also only 26Ks to 27 BBs (which has not meant much as DSL have advanced) but at least not a free swinger showing up yet!

• Like 1

Both A ball teams out to big early leads after batting through the order in the first.

Kanny:

• Camilletti BB (of course)
  • Gonzo BB
  • Harris 1B
  • Park RBI BB, 1-0
  • Sprinkle RBI BB, 2-0
  • Lanzilli RBI 2B, 4-0
  • Galanie sac fly, 5-0 (1 out)
  • Betancourt sac fly, 6-0 (2 outs)
  • Logan K, inning over.

WS:

• Burke lineout (1 out)
  • Baldwin HR, 1-0.
  • Willits 1B
  • Goose 1B
  • Turner flyout (2 outs)
  • Smelley RBI single, 2-0.
  • Chappy RBI 3B, 4-0.
  • Chappy scores on WP, 5-0.
  • Weaver K, inning over.
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, bmags said:

great game for javier magollon in DSL with a 2b and 3b.

I always mix these guys up who are lower $$, but just a reminder on Magollon:

badler

The stats aren't even updated for today on milb yet, but according to my math he is slashing

.306/.406/.523 with 6 HRs, 2 3Bs, 9 2Bs and a .217 iso

So yeah, that power is pretty darn impressive at 17. Also only 26Ks to 27 BBs (which has not meant much as DSL have advanced) but at least not a free swinger showing up yet!

Nunez 3-4 with a 2b. He has a whopping 31 BB to 19 SO. Not getting too excited about that, but it's good looking. He's also a CFer who bats lefty. .306, .435, .455.

I'm so used to our DSL guys being trash. There's a whole bunch of 17 yo guys putting up great numbers. Flores is a catcher with a .402 average over 35 games. Gil putting up .331, .467, .451. All these guys have more walks than SOs. Hopefully at least one pans out. 

@Y2Jimmy0 do you know much about our DSL guys, or are they all relatively unknown?

Edited by ron883

If you want to be even more sad about the 2023 pick of the Sox, go look at the 4 guts picked directly after Jacob Gonzalez and how they are doing...DEFINITELY small sample size, but one of these things does not look like the others.

Jacob Gonzalez:
image.png

Bryce Eldridge:
image.png

Enrique Bradfield:
image.png

Brock Wilken:
image.png

Brayden Taylor:
image.png

• Like 1