After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

49 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is both true and false. 

Fans will return if the Sox win, that is correct. And if they win under Getz/Moore, that will still absolutely be the case. 

But current fan interest will absolutely be impacted based on the decision the Sox make moving forward. If they were to hire Mike Chernoff, or James Click, or an assistant GM out of Tampa, there is going to be much more of a buy in from fans. Ultimately, wiand loses will dictate everything, but fan interest will absolutely be impacted by this decision. 

So the real answer is the moves don't matter. Only if they win. 

It's possible the moves won't help them win. It's also possible, however unlikely, that they will help the team win. 

Either way, it's winning will cause interest by the fans and losing will cause disinterest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And to think Kenny/Rick thought they could get through the season having only Davis Martin in reserve? Just for thinking like that they deserved to get fired. 

Nearly everyone here saw it coming a mile away.

Already was great/grave concern going into the off season with Martin's health and the projected Charlotte and Birmingham rosters and then of course you had Hendriks going down as well.

Good Arozerena profile on ESPN.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38239778/inside-randy-arozarena-stirring-journey-mlb-stardom

That guy is an 80 competitor and a lot of times that's what separates winners who shine in the biggest moments and talented people who are out of the game in 5 years.  You see it in every sport -- some guys want to win, some guys need to win.  Sox need a couple guys like that.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Well said. The Chris Getz promotion blurb by Nightengale has already recieved a plethora of negativity from the fanbase and national/local media members. I hope this outcry for bringing in a person from an outside/winning organization is enough for Jerry to delay his hire until after the World Series is completed. 

If it does happen and they win, no one will care about not hiring from outside the organization. 

Also amazingly my experience at grf is miserably attended games aren’t even easier to get food and drink because they only staff to like 10% and you walk forever and are still in a big like. I waited less during the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Nearly everyone here saw it coming a mile away.

Already was great/grave concern going into the off season with Martin's health and the projected Charlotte and Birmingham rosters and then of course you had Hendriks going down as well.

Naw, a whole bunch of people fully believed that the White Sox had a strong roster that would at least contend for the AL Central or even in some cases run away with it. Some of us saw how this was likely to go, but it wasn't a consensus. 

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Good Arozerena profile on ESPN.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38239778/inside-randy-arozarena-stirring-journey-mlb-stardom

That guy is an 80 competitor and a lot of times that's what separates winners who shine in the biggest moments and talented people who are out of the game in 5 years.  You see it in every sport -- some guys want to win, some guys need to win.  Sox need a couple guys like that.

Like it or not, Jose Ramirez belongs on that list as well...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Also amazingly my experience at grf is miserably attended games aren’t even easier to get food and drink because they only staff to like 10% and you walk forever and are still in a big like. I waited less during the playoffs.

So you're saying Jerry Reinsdorf pays as few employees as possible and isn't particularly interested in the quality of customer experiences? Huh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

If it does happen and they win, no one will care about not hiring from outside the organization. 

I’m not buying this idea that fans know less and are just mindless bandwagoners.

We were right that all the trash stuff the org was doing was bad. We are right that they need a fresh start.

If they win…I don’t care. They won’t. Getz sucks. Moore sucks. I’ll be right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We have heard previously about wave after wave after wave of pitching coming...

1998-2001 and then recently when we were ranked #1 as well in the 2017-18 cycle.

Couldn't have been further from the truth, in reality.

You can never ever have too much pitching.

Just look at the Rays this season.

Or the Dodgers.  Or the Guardians.

Really don't remember these wave of pitchers you're talking about. Usually in my lifetime it

has seemed we may have 3-4 pitcher prospects at a time, and sometimes less. when the Sox were 

good in the early nineties we had a surplus of talent with Black Jack Fernandez, Alvarez and Bere.

Right now we do have many good pitcher prospects. Don't take my word for it, look it up.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Sure. I think a lot of us are saying they will be more likely to win if they hire from outside the organization.

True. But at the end of the day none of it matters. All of the fan outrage and media storm about all of the fan apathy is only tied to winning. 

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m not buying this idea that fans know less and are just mindless bandwagoners.

We were right that all the trash stuff the org was doing was bad. We are right that they need a fresh start.

If they win…I don’t care. They won’t. Getz sucks. Moore sucks. I’ll be right. 

Congratulations. You're right. 

No one said fans are mindless. Bandwagon is probably a good description. 

Why does the team have the largest drop in fan attendance? It was the same people running the team except for Grifol. So unless you think think TLR was a a fan draw this year, it's because of the losing this year. 

It's almost like do you want your kid's playing time to be determined by XYZ alumni deep pockets booster coach who invariably start their own kids or by objective professionals???

(We're certainly not the Spanish women's soccer team that has the depth to kick out 12/15 of their best young players for "dissenting against the patriarchy" and still have so many waves of young U17 talent emerging simultaneously that coaching/management is almost immaterial.)

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Really. Not my experience. Everything is much easier with fewer fans. Maybe the stands at the top of our sections are just primary ones. 

6 minutes ago, zisk said:

Really don't remember these wave of pitchers you're talking about. Usually in my lifetime it

has seemed we may have 3-4 pitcher prospects at a time, and sometimes less. when the Sox were 

good in the early nineties we had a surplus of talent with Black Jack Fernandez, Alvarez and Bere.

Right now we do have many good pitcher prospects. Don't take my word for it, look it up.

The dreaded list lol.

Rauch Kip Wells Wright Baldwin Parque Garland Barcelo Ginter Stumm Myette Biddle Buehrle Fogg etc.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The dreaded list lol.

Rauch Kip Wells Wright Baldwin Parque Garland Barcelo Ginter Stumm Myette Biddle Buehrle Fogg etc.

That list is not terrible. Baldwin was a borderline all star before he was hurt, Parque was also cromulent and then hurt, Kip Wells had moments both with the Sox and Pittsburgh, and Buerhle had his number retired.  If we get that out of our current crop of pitchers, that is certainly not worst case scenario.

24 minutes ago, ptatc said:

doing the same thing as before will get you the same result

Getz/Moore are yes men for JR. That's why they're the front runners 

53 minutes ago, Quin said:

Also, Reinsdorf banned headbands for Bulls players until 2016.

Lot of fucking good that did them. Oh joy, our players are getting sweat in their eyes but at least they look professional!

Yeah your absolutely correct, we ended up winning it all after our players got there much needed headbands. All the other players you have shown actually show up to work and work, they don't take days off, so they are rewarded. Our players take days off, dont train, but hey they got the drip and be looking so good while on that injured list.

30 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Congratulations. You're right. 

No one said fans are mindless. Bandwagon is probably a good description. 

Why does the team have the largest drop in fan attendance? It was the same people running the team except for Grifol. So unless you think think TLR was a a fan draw this year, it's because of the losing this year. 

Ticket sales went up in the 2015 offseason because they raised the expectation of winning. Which Dayton Moore wouldn’t do.

Season tickets were down going into 2023, because the expectation was they’d win less.

And the fans were right. 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Ticket sales went up in the 2015 offseason because they raised the expectation of winning. Which Dayton Moore wouldn’t do.

Season tickets were down going into 2023, because the expectation was they’d win less.

And the fans were right. 

Season tickets were down in 2023 because they lost and didn't meet expectations in 2022.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

Yeah your absolutely correct, we ended up winning it all after our players got there much needed headbands. All the other players you have shown actually show up to work and work, they don't take days off, so they are rewarded. Our players take days off, dont train, but hey they got the drip and be looking so good while on that injured list.

And other teams do win while wearing chains and accessories. Or do the Braves and Dodgers just not exist in your little world?

And several NBA teams have won with headbands. In fact, basically all of them.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

That list is not terrible. Baldwin was a borderline all star before he was hurt, Parque was also cromulent and then hurt, Kip Wells had moments both with the Sox and Pittsburgh, and Buerhle had his number retired.  If we get that out of our current crop of pitchers, that is certainly not worst case scenario.

On a side note, I will ALWAYS be a James Baldwin fan.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP