After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

47 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Congratulations. You're right. 

No one said fans are mindless. Bandwagon is probably a good description. 

Why does the team have the largest drop in fan attendance? It was the same people running the team except for Grifol. So unless you think think TLR was a a fan draw this year, it's because of the losing this year. 

There is more that goes into it than just "this year" 

You know this, but you're trying to die on your hill. 

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I will never not enjoy people that get themselves all riled up over what professional athletes wear or how they do their hair. 🤭

If they disagree with a call, they should button their shirt, roll down their socks, go up to the ump, give him a firm handshake, hand him a resume with their stats and say "Mr. Umpire, I disagree with your call."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

If they disagree with a call, they should button their shirt, roll down their socks, go up to the ump, give him a firm handshake, hand him a resume with their stats and say "Mr. Umpire, I disagree with your call."

All baseballers should have 70s staches, mullets, pants as tight as Robbie Ray, rock a half buttoned jersey like Rodon, and wear more bling than Mister T.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but thems the rules.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Quin said:

Bill Veeck hurt the game by introducing the exploding scoreboard and pinwheels. It encourages showboating.

They're should be polite golf claps after home runs.

He also fucked up by putting names on jerseys.

VEECK WRECKED BASEBALL.

While we're at it, might as well require a tie and a dinner jacket to enter the stadium. No more baseball caps either. Fedoras at minimum.

All these fancy gimmicks and merchandising ruined a fine American sport!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I will never not enjoy people that get themselves all riled up over what professional athletes wear or how they do their hair. 🤭

There continues to be an image of Steve Stone in the "posted images" frame next to this post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "winning" doesn't it? 

In the past 10 years 2013-2022 the Yankees have had 10 winning seasons, five years where they won 90 or more games, three years where they won 100 or more games and made the post season six times.

As a Sox fan I'd give my right arm to have that kind of recent history.

Nah, "making" the 10-12 team farcical playoffs with the second highest payroll each season, worried more about the "luxury" tax than fielding a World Series team is what's going on there. Tampa has owned the Yankees and that division over the past decade with both hands tied behind their backs. Only full playoff series won over the 11 years were over pathetic AL Central teams.

Dodgers have the highest payroll but consistently compete for a WS after they dumped worthless Donnie Baseball. Houston is the other team with consistent World Series aspirations.  Those are the teams to emulate. Houston's average payroll over this span is within $9M of the White Sox ($124 vs. $115), so perhaps this is the more realistic target.

I'd keep my right arm and shitcan Cashman, but I'm glad he is there so he can build expensive piles of s%*# which the City and State of New York and their fans deserve.

Yankees during the past Ten Years (MLB Payroll Rank)

• 2013 (1) No Playoffs - 12 Games Back
  • 2014 (2) No Playoffs - 12 Games Back
  • 2015 (2) Lost Wild Card Game vs. Houston
  • 2016 (2) No Playoffs - Fourth Place
  • 2017 (4) Beat Twins in Wild Card Game and Cleveland in Division Series. Lost to Houston
  • 2018 (6) Beat Oakland in Wild Card Game, lost to Boston in Division Series.
  • 2019 (3) Beat Twins in Division Series, Lost to Houston in the ALCS.
  • 2020 (1) Beat Cleveland in Wild Card Series, lost to Tampa in Division Series.
  • 2021 (2) Lost Wild Card Game to Boston
  • 2022 (3) Beat Guardians in Division Series, Swept by Houston.
  • 2023 (2) No Playoffs - Likely Last Place and under .500. But they are clean shaven.

Ballgame Over, Series Over, Season Over

Yankees Lose, THHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA Yankees LOOOOSSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, venom4789 said:

I don't care who gets the job as long as they make eloy run his ass off everyday. Hopefully they actually have standards to, get the chains off their neck and make them cut their hair and actually be a professional. The players here have earned absolutely nothing and shouldn't get any special treatment.

You lost me at "Hopefully they actually have standards to, get (sic) their chains off their neck and make them cut their hair and actually be professional."

None of that has anything to do with winning baseball games. The White Sox have a lot of problems that they need to address to become a successful and respected organization. The chains the players wear and the style of their hair are not on that list. 

Edited by Chisoxmb35
A word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well i guess im wrong thinking they should conduct themselves like professionals. I honestly don't understand how wearing a bunch of chains on your neck helps you play better. Most jobs have standards that you are expected to follow but it appears for the white sox organization  there are none. Might as well we them to wear some clown noses to wear also, it wont help them either but at least it will make watching them more entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

Well i guess im wrong thinking they should conduct themselves like professionals. I honestly don't understand how wearing a bunch of chains on your neck helps you play better. Most jobs have standards that you are expected to follow but it appears for the white sox organization  there are none. Might as well we them to wear some clown noses to wear also, it wont help them either but at least it will make watching them more entertaining.

Venom doesn't like Andy the Clown.

Venom is Reinsdorf confirmed.

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Clubhouse culture is not personal appearance preference.  Treating adults like children and on top of that ostracizing them due to what you call difference in culture is something you think will bring them together?  Interesting.  

It’s one part if you have a wholistic philosophy that any dress code is congruent with.

Not saying i agree or that it works - just stating that these are the reasons that people put these types of dress codes and rules into place.

6 hours ago, JoeC said:

It’s one part if you have a wholistic philosophy that any dress code is congruent with.

Not saying i agree or that it works - just stating that these are the reasons that people put these types of dress codes and rules into place.

Pushed by petty power trip assholes like John McDonough responsible for toxic work environments wherever he landed. Sounds a lot like Brooks Boyer's schtick with the White Sox.

John pushed low level staffers to wearing suits on Zoom calls or risk their jobs. Also pushed not reporting Brad Aldrich to the police, or reporting the incident to HR as was / is corporate policy, after Brad raped a young prospect. John covered it up through the playoffs, allowing Brad Aldrich to work and travel and potentially rape additional employees with the team, so as "not to disturb team chemistry."

https://theathletic.com/1779537/2020/04/27/john-mcdonough-leaves-behind-complicated-blackhawks-legacy/

https://defector.com/the-blackhawks-were-rotten-all-the-way-through

Aldrich is accused of making an unwanted sexual advance on an intern.

Four days later, on June 14, McDonough informed the Blackhawks’ then Director of Human Resources that Aldrich had allegedly made a sexual advance on John Doe. According to the Director of Human Resources, McDonough also informed her about the May 23 meeting in his office, during which McDonough said it was decided that the group would not alert Human Resources or do anything about the incident during the playoffs so as not to disturb team chemistry.

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pushed by petty power trip assholes like John McDonough responsible for toxic work environments wherever he landed. Sounds a lot like Brooks Boyer's schtick with the White Sox.

John pushed low level staffers to wearing suits on Zoom calls or risk their jobs. Also pushed not reporting Brad Aldrich to the police, or reporting the incident to HR as was / is corporate policy, after Brad raped a young prospect. John covered it up through the playoffs, allowing Brad Aldrich to work and travel and potentially rape additional employees with the team, so as "not to disturb team chemistry."

https://theathletic.com/1779537/2020/04/27/john-mcdonough-leaves-behind-complicated-blackhawks-legacy/

https://defector.com/the-blackhawks-were-rotten-all-the-way-through

Sure there are bad ways to apply things like dress codes, but if it's a part of getting the team to buy into a greater culture (not as a way to force submission), it's something that has been used a long time. 

In the case of the Yankees, in not sure if it is a Steinbrenner- initiated rule or not, but i know for a fact that Steinbrenner was pretty heavily influenced by his military school education, which probably didn't get in the way of instituting or reinforcing the facial hair policy. 

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP