ESPN ranked White Sox season #30 last in MLB with an F ranking.

hankchifan

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We can go back to 2016 and NOT trade Tatis for Shields again...

Sox fans are missing entire decades of competitive baseball the time's flying by so quickly.

Wouldn't expect a truly competitive team until at least 2026-27.

Hopefully they will be in Nashville next time they’re competitive.

58 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We can go back to 2016 and NOT trade Tatis for Shields again...

Sox fans are missing entire decades of competitive baseball the time's flying by so quickly.

Wouldn't expect a truly competitive team until at least 2026-27.

While Tatis would ease a lot of pain and maybe prevent other blunders (drafting Madrigal for need), the Sox developing him is a long shot, keeping him healthy is a longshot, and if he can't keep his s%*# together in San Diego, there's no chance he'd keep it together here. 

Though again, my theory is that the Tatis trade has intertwined the two teams' destinies until they meet in the World Series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I seriously don't see how Pedro Grifol makes it to Monday morning, oct 2 as Sox manager. This team has so quit on him. 

Agree.  It is beyond dumb to bring back the manager of such a bad performing team.  I guess the main reason is that he is under contract and JR does not want to pay him as well as a new manager. IMO.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Agree.  It is beyond dumb to bring back the manager of such a bad performing team.  I guess the main reason is that he is under contract and JR does not want to pay him as well as a new manager. IMO.

If they really think they can be decent next year, they cannot bring him back. Bringing him back signals they know they are going to suck with players they don't figure to be around when they expect to be good.

If anyone here owns a business and hired someone who was as bad at their job as Pedro is as an MLB manager, they would have fired them long ago, and chances are the role isn't as critical.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If they really think they can be decent next year, they cannot bring him back. Bringing him back signals they know they are going to suck with players they don't figure to be around when they expect to be good.

If anyone here owns a business and hired someone who was as bad at their job as Pedro is as an MLB manager, they would have fired them long ago, and chances are the role isn't as critical.

How could they give Grifol a 3 year contract to begin with, just another asinine move by the most dysfunctional organization in Baseball.

• Like 1

Just now, Milkman delivers said:

What could Grifol’s salary actually be? A few million a year? That’s almost negligible for a baseball team. I don’t buy that as the reason he’s being kept around.

You aren't familiar with our owner, are you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

How could they give Grifol a 3 year contract to begin with, just another asinine move by the most dysfunctional organization in Baseball.

Most MLB FO and Managerial contracts are 3 years or more. If you only give a 2 year deal, they are a lame duck after the first season.

Theoretically you hire someone that is both qualified and a person you want to lead a team or organization. Well at least that is how most of the other 29 teams operate.

This is how the White Sox operate, both as an organization on on their injured players.

LVZxbkM0PQ

• Haha 1

The Sox will probably keep most position players and continue the plug and play game with RF, 2B and catcher.  When you are in a hole stop digging because things can get worse. That said, the focus should squarely be on rebuilding the pitching staff from top to bottom. That is going to be the biggest challenge for new management and Katz, if they decide to keep him.  Adding 3-4 starters , 3-4 key bullpen pieces and a Closer in one off-season would be a tall task for anyone. It takes a while to bring an aircraft carrier about. Patience by fans will be tested again but Sox fans are resilient. Keep wearing your Sox gear and showing support for our Sox. We shall return.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, tray said:

The Sox will probably keep most position players and continue the plug and play game with RF, 2B and catcher.  When you are in a hole stop digging because things can get worse. That said, the focus should squarely be on rebuilding the pitching staff from top to bottom. That is going to be the biggest challenge for new management and Katz, if they decide to keep him.  Adding 3-4 starters , 3-4 key bullpen pieces and a Closer in one off-season would be a tall task for anyone. It takes a while to bring an aircraft carrier about. Patience by fans will be tested again but Sox fans are resilient. Keep wearing your Sox gear and showing support for our Sox. We shall return.

I’ll keep wearing my shirts, but it’s not out of support. I’ll wear them because they’re shirts and they still work.