Fegan writes "coaching changes..."

Lip Man 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's a scary thought.

I don't think it's gonna be Monty, Schultz or Quero but it wouldn't shock me if it was Ramos, Nastrini or Eder. 

Oh, and Vaughn should have been the guy traded while Burger is playing 1B. 

That being said, not sure that Burger wouldn't have continued to hit .220 with no walks and a ton of Ks here. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only good thing about getting him is it will keep them from rushing the kid. His below .300 OBP will fit right in. Might as well pay up for a 0.5 bWAR.

Honestly this. I don't want them rushing Montgomery or Quero to be "competitive" next year but they will. 

And great that they're cutting shitty coaches but how does it make any sense to gut the coaching staff and keep the manager.....especially if he gets off to another crappy start and they can him too?

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

The scary thought is that we have no idea how Getz operates on the trade market.

Except we know he's apparently dumb enough to think that Salvador Perez can be a key part of a strong 2024 White Sox team and worth acquiring. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

We are going to control both sides of the ball. 

I was really excited when Pedro said that....He accomplished none ot the things he said he would accomplish. Yes, blame the players, they deserve it, but he does too. If you have more experience in the big leagues playing than Pedro has managing, you can do whatever you want. If it's the same or less, he will try to be the tough guy.

Sure he does. It sucked. But I was responding to the comment that Grifol is the only one left to blame. 

Coaches can only do so much. Players need to be talented but they also have to work at what the coaches are asking g them to do. There seems to be more than a few that won't. 

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Except we know he's apparently dumb enough to think that Salvador Perez can be a key part of a strong 2024 White Sox team and worth acquiring. 

If they sign Perez, I'm not wasting another second on this team until Jerry is dead and or Getz is gone.

They need to get an actual catching instructor to develop catchers in the minors and majors.

They don't need Grandal 2.0,

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they sign Perez, I'm not wasting another second on this team until Jerry is dead and or Getz is gone.

They need to get an actual catching instructor to develop catchers in the minors and majors.

They don't need Grandal 2.0,

He's not a free agent, he's under the Royals control for 2 years. They would need to trade for him.

The Royals, reportedly, had multiple suitors interested in Perez at the trade deadline, and they are in a strong budgetary position. They are likely to be adding some salary this offseason rather than subtracting, with only $50 million or so committed and an average payroll higher than that every year. They have only a little bad money, and that's for a player they already bought out. And unlike Baltimore, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Florida - they haven't ever reduced their payroll to the $30 million-ish levels that those teams do when they're openly disrespecting their fanbase, which would be the case if they dumped Perez's contract.

With all that together, I find it unlikely that they will be motivated to give him away for free or to just give away his contract without a prospect or player in return, they could absolutely hold him until the trade deadline or longer if they didn't receive a solid return for him.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He's not a free agent, he's under the Royals control for 2 years. They would need to trade for him.

The Royals, reportedly, had multiple suitors interested in Perez at the trade deadline, and they are in a strong budgetary position. They are likely to be adding some salary this offseason rather than subtracting, with only $50 million or so committed and an average payroll higher than that every year. They have only a little bad money, and that's for a player they already bought out. And unlike Baltimore, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Florida - they haven't ever reduced their payroll to the $30 million-ish levels that those teams do when they're openly disrespecting their fanbase, which would be the case if they dumped Perez's contract.

With all that together, I find it unlikely that they will be motivated to give him away for free or to just give away his contract without a prospect or player in return, they could absolutely hold him until the trade deadline or longer if they didn't receive a solid return for him.

It makes sense that the Royals wouldn't want to give him away, but no team SHOULD part with anything of substantial value for an aging catcher that doesn't hit or catch particularly well at this point in time. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

It makes sense that the Royals wouldn't want to give him away, but no team SHOULD part with anything of substantial value for an aging catcher that doesn't hit or catch particularly well at this point in time. 

I mean, the 61 win White Sox, with the fewest wins across their entire system in all of MLB, should also not be adding one of the highest paid 34 year old catchers in the game anyway given that at best it would be a short term assist to an awful team, let alone any comment about his OBP, but it's clear that they're at least still considering this.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I mean, the 61 win White Sox, with the fewest wins across their entire system in all of MLB, should also not be adding one of the highest paid 34 year old catchers in the game anyway given that at best it would be a short term assist to an awful team, let alone any comment about his OBP, but it's clear that they're at least still considering this.

Absolutely, they're idiocy knows no bounds. Appeasing Pedro by entertaining this ridiculous move would be the cherry on top of this turd sandwich of an org.

39 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Trade is a bad word Sox fans.  They never work. A haul, stocked farm is a myth.  Don't forget it is the Sox, not the Rays or Dodgers.   Change your mindset similar to the Royals.

"Josh Bell and Jake Burger have made a massive difference for the Marlins," just stated unequivocally by Karl Ravech.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

"Josh Bell and Jake Burger have made a massive difference for the Marlins," just stated unequivocally by Karl Ravech.

Well one organization benefited from a Sox player.  We shall see how it does with Lynn.

Trade is a bad word for Sox fans.

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They love “Mama Kim” in Miami. Wish she was bringing in guys like that here.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/how-kim-ng-built-a-winning-culture-with-the-marlins