Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, T R U said:

It sucks but if Cease is traded how do you not trade Robert?

Are we just supposed to watch this guy be bored out of his mind surrounded by absolute trash for 2-3 years? Whats the point. I can see him getting disinterested real fast.

No pressing reason to move Robert right now short of a ludicrous offer. With four more seasons of control it may be hard to get fair value for him. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Are we just supposed to watch this guy be bored out of his mind surrounded by absolute trash for 2-3 years? Whats the point. I can see him getting disinterested real fast.

I get it, but I just don't think anyone would pay the value it would take at this point. Maybe in another year-year and a half.

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

No. Sox will want a package of younger players/prospects

I mean that’s ideal in a perfect world but it’s Jerry Reinsdorf that said he wants to compete ASAP and Getz said they want higher OBP guys

Randy isn’t a FA until 2027 like Robert, but has 3 years of ARB left. 29 in February . I doubt the Rays would do it because he’s cheap but idk I’d love watching Arozarena and Luis Robert for the next couple years 

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

Cuz his value at year 4, probably isn't significantly higher than at year 2.  It's hard to get true value for a guy (potential superstar) with 4 years left.

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I get it, but I just don't think anyone would pay the value it would take at this point. Maybe in another year-year and a half.

Yep. Robert won't get moved this year but next offseason is a real possibility. 

Last year was the start of another dark age decade for White Sox baseball. This organization will not sniff the playoffs again for quite some time. 

19 minutes ago, T R U said:

I don't think any team that can afford Robert's price would want to pay that price 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I don't think any team that can afford Robert's price would want to pay that price 

The Dodgers could make a package work if the offer was Robert + bad contracts (Yoan + Benintendi). They can always DFA Benintendi if they have no use for him. Yankees might also be willing with their current holes.

SD or the Mets could have completed this last year, but are retrenching this year.

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Dodgers could make a package work if the offer was Robert + bad contracts (Yoan + Benintendi). They can always DFA Benintendi if they have no use for him. Yankees might also be willing with their current holes.

SD or the Mets could have completed this last year, but are retrenching this year.

Packaging bad deals with Robert while already slashing payroll would actually be the death knell for the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

@Y2Jimmy0

Are they deep in talks with the O's? 

I'd be over the moon if they got Kjerstad and Hall in the package. 

@Chicago White Sox will like this....Hjerstad is the left handed savage he wanted from BAL. 

I feel Jimmy wouldn't throw that out there unless he heard something was going on. 

They still need to add Ortiz to the equation and maybe Hall (now that he rebounded later in the season) or Povich, but I have my doubts Elias will go for the third piece and he may not even go for Ortiz as the 2nd piece, but BAL is the best match by far.

We need positional talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

@Chicago White Sox will like this....Hjerstad is the left handed savage he wanted from BAL. 

I feel Jimmy wouldn't throw that out there unless he heard something was going on. 

They still need to add Ortiz to the equation and maybe Hall (now that he rebounded later in the season) or Povich, but I have my doubts Elias will go for the third piece and he may not even go for Ortiz as the 2nd piece, but BAL is the best match by far.

We need positional talent. 

This part caught my attention too. 

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Severino just went to the Mets for 1/$13M coming of a much worse season than Cease, for anyone curious about the price of pitching this winter. 

I'm surprised the lower end of the market is moving. Usually don't they wait until the higher end guys sign so there is a more favorable supply/demand situation.

I think Giolito will command more than 15m if that's the case and so will Flaherty. I think the idea that we could get both on 1 yr deals for like 25m combined is unlikely in this market. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic