MLB 2024 Draft Lottery - Sox pick #5

South Side Hit Men

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm not sure those guys will ultimately be the best players and outside of Burns and Cags who will likely end up a hitter I don't think any of the other top pitchers have significant reliever risk.  

What's the outlook on my boy Brody Brecht?

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

What's the outlook on my boy Brody Brecht?

Surefire starter for me.  70 fastball w/an 80 slider.  It's an absolute death hammer of a pitch.  The change needs work but that's simply because he never has to throw it and he easily has the feel to make it an avg pitch.  He checks all the boxes. Dude can be special. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I get this draft sucks and picking high next year would be ideal, but there is no guarantee they don't lose 100 plus games, finish 4th worse and get screwed next season with the lottery. Whatever happens is probably the worst case scenerio for this franchise.

Exactly. Or what is the worst case scenario for me as finishing outside the top six, having a bad record next year, and then getting the number two overall pick and missing out on some generational talent

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Quin changed the title to MLB 2024 Draft Lottery - Sox pick #5