Max Stassi Acquired

DirtySox

7 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Aaron Bummer, Jarred Kelenic, David Fletcher, PTBNL from Pirates, PTBNL from White Sox. 

Can you point out which of these guys are premium talent? Looks like they got 2 projects in Bummer and Kelenic, and a utility infielder. 

Jarred Kelenic may end up a bust, but the talent is obvious.  And Bummer has tremendous stuff even if the results lately have sucked.  These guys may not ultimately work out, but the price was a bunch of garbage.  Given the insane team he already has in place, these are smart gambles to take.  

Meanwhile, we’re pretending that “defense” is this magical thing that will cure all our problems even if it comes at the expense of offense.

Let's lose a hundred by 4-1 instead of 6-1. The games are over quicker. With the draft rules in place winning 75 won't be bad. 

Overall they are making small moves but nothing too stupid. We didn't expect a big splash signing. Project 2026 has commenced. 

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Also, depending on the PTBNL, not a bad pickup for cheap.

so far I like Getz’s individual moves, but I’m not entirely convinced of the direction (or lack thereof).

I like the search for defense but the lack of power on this team at the moment is going to make for a long summer….hopefully that will change but I doubt it 

12 hours ago, wegner said:

Getzy does know that teams need to score runs to at least win some games, right?

Imagine if Eloy gets moved. I’m already wondering how this team is gonna score runs but Stassi doesn’t bother me. Catcher is fairly weak across the league and I wouldn’t expect much offense from that position.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Imagine if Eloy gets moved. I’m already wondering how this team is gonna score runs but Stassi doesn’t bother me. Catcher is fairly weak across the league and I wouldn’t expect much offense from that position.

Mike Piazza said to say Hi.

• Hawk 1

16 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I'm hoping that with DeJong at SS, Robert at CF and Stassi at C, Getz sees that that they are strong enough up the middle so that it wouldn't be a crime against God for him to accept Hjerstad and Norby instead of a pitching heavy deal. 

Someone has to fucking hit at some point. 

At this rate Beni will have the second highest HR total for the Sox in 24. 

Savagery is a blessing not a curse, Chris.

Oh and BTW if they continue to insist on jumping off the diving board into the 10 foot deep waterless pool of Limp Dick Ball, then they will inadvertently kill Robert's trade value for the future. No one will give him anything to hit if he's surrounded by scrubs and his HR totals, doubles and SV will plummet substantially. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox

25 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Only way I see the team adding much in terms of bringing offense to this team is if they acquire some with the mlb ready prospects they get from a Cease trade 

15 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I'm hoping that with DeJong at SS, Robert at CF and Stassi at C, Getz sees that that they are strong enough up the middle so that it wouldn't be a crime against God for him to accept Hjerstad and Norby instead of a pitching heavy deal. 

Oh and BTW if they continue to insist on jumping off the diving board into the 10 foot deep waterless pool of Limp Dick Ball, then they will inadvertently kill Robert's trade value for the future. No one will give him anything to hit if he's surrounded by scrubs and his HR totals, doubles and SV will plummet substantially. 

True enough about Robert. He'll be in a position where any selective hitter with his talent could easily get 100+ walks next year . But we all know he's not that selective. It's his biggest weakness which was a reason why he started off last year so poorly.

5 hours ago, JoeC said:

Also, depending on the PTBNL, not a bad pickup for cheap.

so far I like Getz’s individual moves, but I’m not entirely convinced of the direction (or lack thereof).

I’m good with this plan.

1. Slash payroll 2024-2025, bring in MLB caliber defenders.
  2. Hire quality FO personnel who can draft, acquire and develop quality MLB players.
  3. Start fielding competitive White Sox teams in 2026.

If they can bring in 1-2 additional SP projects and convert one in addition to another those acquired for Bummer, and perhaps 1-2 acceptable relievers (Shaw type guys) with possible upside, the Sox could have a 73-78 win season and they will be a much more enjoyable team to watch than the previous two seasons.

The House That Hahn Built

1. 99-63 2021
  2. 81-81 2022
  3. 78-84 2016
  4. 76-86 2015
  5. 73-89 2014
  6. 72-89 2019
  7. 67-95 2017
  8. 63-99 2013
  9. 62-100 2018
  10. 61-101 2023

46 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

At least he is picking up players that are really good at something. 

Most of the previous players were below average at everything. 

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Meanwhile, we’re pretending that “defense” is this magical thing that will cure all our problems even if it comes at the expense of offense.

I will agree that there is some sunshine pumping on the defense, it’s not really coming at the expense of offense. We had no offense at second shortstop and catcher. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’m good with this plan.

1. Slash payroll 2024-2025, bring in MLB caliber defenders.
  2. Hire quality FO personnel who can draft, acquire and develop quality MLB players.
  3. Start fielding competitive White Sox teams in 2026.

If they can bring in 1-2 additional SP projects and convert one in addition to another those acquired for Bummer, and perhaps 1-2 acceptable relievers (Shaw type guys) with possible upside, the Sox could have a 73-78 win season and they will be a much more enjoyable team to watch than the previous two seasons.

The House That Hahn Built

1. 99-63 2021
  2. 81-81 2022
  3. 78-84 2016
  4. 76-86 2015
  5. 73-89 2014
  6. 72-89 2019
  7. 67-95 2017
  8. 63-99 2013
  9. 62-100 2018
  10. 61-101 2023

I'd be OK with this plan as well.

The big question is... is this the actual plan?

24 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I will agree that there is some sunshine pumping on the defense, it’s not really coming at the expense of offense. We had no offense at second shortstop and catcher. 

and RF, 3B, LF, DH and 1B.   Every guy underperformed last year except one. They were 29th in runs scored.  All the new guys have to do is play to their averages and they can be a better offense than last year.  That's how fucking awful that team was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1